Residential areas in Mauritius

Hi all,

I am from Mumbai, India and am planning to move to mauritius in a couple of monthswith my husband and 4 mh old daughter. Was wondering what will be ideal area to stay?

Hello poojasomani,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to browse through the living in Mauritius guide which can give you useful information.

Why did you choose Mauritius for expatriation? Have you visited Mauritius before?

Best of luck for your project.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

hi
have you any contacts yet?

Hi

I am from Mumbai, India...planning to move Mauritius very soon :)

Hello, Thanks even I was thinking of the same thing. Safe areas with Indian community would be good I guess!

In general the whole island has Indian origins so hopefully you should feel ok most anywhere.
However I understand Quatre Bornes has a massive expat Indian community and they speak Hindi a lot in that area. I know expat Indians just love to stick together - so maybe you could be a bit more adventurous and venture out a bit further than QB!  ;)
I live in the North and there is a great mix of people. All Indian food stuffs widely available, and for even more choice a trip to Port Louis or QB is fun, but I wouldn't necessarily want to live in those areas; personal choice, no offense!  :D

hey thanks, is it easy to find accommodation in the areas that you have mentioned and what about jobs? I am a self-employed writer but would like to get a job in Mauritius.

Yes, lots of availability of housing - depends on your budget!
Sorry, I'm not too sure on jobs in your field.