Australian Immigration

Hey All,

I wanted to apply for Australian PR. I work in bangalore as software engineer with 4 years of experience.
Is it a good time to apply for PR? I am bit worried about job opportunities there.
Any help is much appreciated.Thanks!

Hi Telix,

I thought the rule for obtaining PR is that you have to worked IN AUSTRALIA for 4 years or continuously with one employer for 2 years (employer nominated schema)?

Cheers,
Scott.

telix wrote:

Hey All,

I wanted to apply for Australian PR. I work in bangalore as software engineer with 4 years of experience.
Is it a good time to apply for PR? I am bit worried about job opportunities there.
Any help is much appreciated.Thanks!

Best you check out the govt visa website.  www.immi.gov.au  You first need to see whether you can get a visa and work here.
This site will give you all the information you need regarding visas and PR.

if you get 60 migration points then apply ASAP

In order to get a PR, the easiest way is to get a company to sponsor you. As a software engineer with 4 yrs. of experience, that's a good starting point. I think your job might already on the S.O.L. list (list over jobs that are currently in demand in Australia) but double check that (google Australia SOL list).

There are a few things you need to have sorted out first though. A job lined up is the most important, and if you can find an employer, it'll make things way easier for you. Then you need health cover to stay here and you need to pass the IELTS English test with the minimum required score. Just a few pointers.

You can if you're eligible like danyan2001us says, by doing the points test here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- … -sheet.pdf

Also have a look here to read a bit about the different types of visas and details around them:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/rights-o … orkers.htm

On a general note, from my point of view, things appear to be a bit slow in Australia at the moment. The Australian dollar has dropped quite a bit compared to what it was a few years back. My fiancee is trying to find a job here in Perth now, and even with local experience as manager+supervisor she's struggling. It seems that employers are extremely picky and expect you to have the world of experience, education and background for the simplest jobs. It might not be the case everywhere though, and not for every profession as well.

My personal advice is to keep Australia as an option but also check out other countries too. A lot of expats are going to Singapore, that might be a possibility?

Good luck and hope things work out!