Excellence results technician EH&S

Hi all,
Im a newbie to the forum. Currently living in uk and working as a control room operator/deputy supervisor on a polypropylene plant. Was looking at control room operator jobs at sadara within the plastics but so far unsuccesful. I was however, contacted for a position within EH&S dept (excellence results technician). I have had a skype interview and waiting to hear back but was wondering if anyone on here has any info regarding this type of job?
Cheers
Eric

Hi mate,

Im sure you've googled it already, but it sounds like a good opportunity to get involved with health and safety which would take your career in a different step.

Never a bad thing to add more knowledge to your background.

http://www.fircroft.com/job/senior-exce … rms0127808

Cheers for the reply. yeah tried google and just comes up with job advert, same as the fircroft link. Was just wondering if anyone was actually doing the job. Not sure how it would suit me as im more of a hands on than paperwork type. But your totally right, adding more knowledge not always a bad thing. Just need to see what happens!! You out in Saudi?

Not yet mate. Will be soon though. being involved with help and safety will make you more sought after. Combine that with a NEBOSH certificate and you'll be rocking.

Gareth (toofast4u) is in the refinery Rico. Think he will be one of the next to go from our site by the looks of it.

Hi Eric

I'm going out as an Activity Coordinator / Gate Keeper on a polyethylene plant ,I done this role with Dow Chemicals for several years before moving over the fence to an Ethylene plant ( guessing close to you )
From what I can make out so far they seem to be using the Dow systems etc.( which are good )
We had EH&S technician people in our plant , but their roles we're based on experience and ability
If your into EH&S then I'd defo say this would be a good opportunity especially with all these type's of positions you will be able to develop the roles to the individual

Hope you get the job offer !

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah very close!! Still waiting to hear from them. They seem really keen and the interview went well. Even though I have no real experience in this role, they seemed pretty keen to chat. Will wait and see what happens and take it from there.

cheers
Eric