Any Canadian here,need help please

my son is 10 and september born and was in grade 5 in canada but here in Jubail the school is saying that he will go in grade 4 because he was born on 2nd week of september and he is under age for grade 5.now my concern is we will be going back to Canada after 2 years. if i agree in keeping him in grade 4 here  and when we go back to Canada what if school there create another issue that he was suppose to be in grade 5 when he was 10 bla bla bla.sorry if im not making any sense cuz i m lost myself.keeping aside my childs disheartened soul that he has to repeat the year here im also  very frustrated.kindly guide what to do.will the school in canada be able to accept him in his age appropriate class there according to their law or they will ask him to repeat another year too.is there anyone who faced the same problem please guide us through.thanks in advance

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. I can't say whether there will be a problem in Canada, but my friend's children were put back a year when they returned to Germany because their knowledge was not at the correct grade.

What school have you enquired at? I would suggest you try Al Hussan International school. They are very good, teach the British curriculum and have international accreditation.

Al Hussan's intake runs from February and not September so your child should be fine there and placed in the correct grade for when you return to Canada.

Alternatively speak to your child's current school and ask what documents they require when you return to Canada. Maybe they only want a birth certificate and you can simply read the Canadian curriculum framework supplement your child's learning to keep their knowledge at the correct grade.

All the best.

As he has completed a number of years at school already the Jubail school should be testing to see what level he is at. Clearly missing the age limit by weeks they should be looking at what is best for him. If they insist on him going into grade 4 look at home schooling him along with the schooling he receives to keep him at the right place in his learning to then slot back into Canadian school at the correct position.