Moving to Scotland soon

My husband and I will be moving to Scotland soon, looking to the Leith or Edinburgh area mainly.  Any and all information in the easiest way to procure a job once there would be awesome.  I have been in the banking/finance sector for going on 7 years now as a Relationship Manager, my husband has his BA in graphic arts and marketing.  I have been able to find a lot of really nice places to live where we want to be, just need to find a job for when we get there.
Thanks, in advance
Rachel

Hi Rachel,
Are you or your husband EU citizens? If not you cannot move unless one of you has a definite job to go to. The employer would need to arrange visas for you before your move.

No we are not, but from what i have read up on, I have found that so long as you can show proof that you can support yourself regardless of job than we could.
So what would stop us from moving over there if we can support ourselves until we get jobs?

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. You cannot go to the UK on tourist visas and change status in-country.  If the immigration officer at the UK airport believes you are not regular tourists you are likely to be refused entry and sent back home on the next plane. You need to peruse the web sites of companies in Scotland and apply for any vacancies you can. If they are interested they may fly you over for an interview in which case there is no problem. Theoretically, you could look for jobs while on a vacation but, if successfull, you would have to return to your home country to apply for a work visa.
This web site is the only one you can trust for reliable up to date information: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

I appreciate the information you have provided and i will look into the website

It has always been my opinion after looking into this that unless you are from the UK there is not much of a way to work in Scotland.  They do not want us even as a retired person with money.  6 months and you are out.  Sound like your husband as found a way around that maybe with school or something like that.  Good luck and let me know if you find a way.