Which elementary school do u recommend?

Hi everybody,

This is my first post. I am new to this website.
I had been living with my family in California ,until we decided to move to Cairo last summer for a job change.

My primary concern is giving my kids (6 and 8 years old) a good education. An education that compares to the kind of education they were getting in their public school in Sunnyvale , California.
As far as i know , Cairo American College seems to be the best in egypt, but it's pretty expensive .
I have tried to contact them to ask if they offer any discounts for americans, but they don't.
I finally enrolled my kids in The International School of Choueifat.Unfortunately it fails miserably whenever I compare it to the public schools my kids have been to in the sates. And it's not cheap , either

Does anybody have any recommendations?????

Thanks !

Hello Dr Aya and welcome to Expat.com :)

what about egyptian language school in new cairo?

Have you tried it with your kids?
Does it have a lot of american kids?

yes it does

could u please send me their website?

Hello my dear,

Here you are some links for some schools

mescairo.com
ciseinegypt.com
akhnatonschools.com
mls-egypt.org
mbisegypt.com
aisegypt.com
isccairo-sabis.net
bisc.edu.eg

I hope it will help you

Hi,

the International School of Kenana is following the American program, I enrolled there my two daughters 1st and 6st grade.
My German colleague (he's Hygiene Manager) made previously a check in the toilette also, nothing to say at all, he has enrolled his daughter (1st grade).

Accident record about the transportation, nothing to say.

In the price, swimming pool (inside the school), horse riding (inside the school) and transportation as well.

Have a look on the net

Good Luck
Giuseppe

Unfortunately all private education in Cairo in very expensive.
I feel extremely sorry for parents looking for a school in Egypt as there seems to be a bewildering array of institutions.

Choueifat‎ has its own curriculum and teaching methods which is very structured and traditional. Its points system is strange. Not my cup of tea!

In which area do you live in?

My husband and I run a small unique school (120children)  in a converted villa in Mohandeseen - although we use the British framework as a guideline, at the end of the day your children are so small that it wont make much difference.
We foster a family atmosphere and encourage parents to participate in their children's education.
We are members of CIS (Council of International Schools)

If you are interested, please let me know and I will give you more details - we are, however, almost full.

I do wish you the greatest luck in your search for a school

which school is that? and will the children do IGCSE's? Until which year is the school doing now?

i wish you found the perfect school for your kids :)