A tourist to find job

hi,
im planning to travel this year in south korea.
just wondering if i can do the same thing i've done here.
i arrived on a tourist visa and found a job.is that also possible in any part of south korea?
is there any company who hires and provide working visa for someone like me that could only understand basic hangul.
thanks.

Hi kabayan.

I am currently looking for some teaching jobs here as well. Korea is a nice country but a little bit too stringent with their teaching policies towards Filipinos (unless you are married to a Korean). All schools here in the English teaching industry prefer English native speakers (coming from the USA, Canada etc) than Asians.

Regards,
Anna

hi Anna,
yeah. from the blogs that i have been reading they preferred native english speakers that's why i never apply for those teaching job. besides i also don't have background in teaching.
just want to check if i could apply during my visit to any company even small-med size as long they will provode a working visa.

I think you would need to take a CBT or something like EPS to work legally in any companies here in SK. That being said, includes a working visa plus other compensations. I wouldn't encourage you to work under the table. I've read too many rumors and well, posts as well about SK's crackdown of illegal workers.

just check POEA and most of the job for the TOPIK passers are in factory or manufacturing which is okay for me as long as i could work in korea. but then they have posted that most of the jobs are for men.
i will still try to get the TOPIK exam.
nevertheless thanks as i really cannot get solid answer from someone i knew who is working in busan.
she just don't answer my question on how she got a job in korea.

Try joining the FB Pinoy EPS group page. I think they'll be able to help you with the kind of information you need.

u can easily get a job. if ur not picky.. but not all companies sponsor working visas if u enter in here as a tourist.. by d way.. in what field r u working now?

hi maru,
really? but how?
any job, im okay with factory or whatsoever.
but if it's base on CV, im working now as office staff under the CEO (textile company here in dubai)
basically i assist in everything
operations, hr, designing, qa, purchasing etc.