Self employment visa for south african passport holders

Hi everyone

We visited spain last year mid september with the intention of purchasing property under the 160 euro residency option  within two weeks the residency amount had changed as is now out of our  reach.

We are now trying another option "Self employment Visa"  we have our own business that we can operate from home, dealing  in heavy earthmoving equipment.

Our question is is there anyone that could give us advice to  assist us in gaining the self employment visa

thanking you
hilton and michelle

[Moderated: off topic]

good morning - never heard of a self employment visa but I do know that a work visa is not as easy to acquire as a non lucrative visa which is good for a year and renewable -I just did that and living in Valladolid which is a provincial capital in the north in castilla where I grew up in the 60's - Please don't think that i'm trying to rain on your parade but I can tell you that there's no work in spain for its people and definitely not for someone in your field - I've worked construction here and in spain during the boom and things are crushed in spain. most non Spanish Europeans have no idea of what is really happening there and if you don't speak the language you'll be lost as to how business is done - from a tourist view it's beautiful and sunny (especially in the south) but things are tough unless you've socked away a lot of bucks .....the offer of citizenship through a home purchase has been min 260.000 euros and what's coming into the country on that deal are Russians trying to hide money - I had to jump through hoops and I speak Spanish - one thing though - you'll need a criminal background check from your state of residence for the last 5 years - you might want to consider renting for awhile which is cheap compared to where I have a home in the us. do consider that in spain the average monthly income is about 650 euros ,so everyone looks at the cost of things , but if you're not in a tourist infested city such as Madrid or Barcelona you can get a drink and tapa for abt 3 euros - this Eurozone shit has demolished the economies and well being of everyone here - if you can speak Spanish you will see non stop news coverage of all the politicos in the various regions being investigated for corruption , money laundering and embezzlement of public money --- over here the politicians are referred to as chorizos, the national sausage and the pun is that there's not enough bread for all this chorizo or tanto chorizo y poco pan  - give me a shout if I can help you in any way with info or whatever - I noticed the balito in your address - are you from balito bay in SA. - I was thre for a week the summer before mandela was elected with some friends from capetown - beautiful beaches and awesome waves .... rick   [email protected]

its called Autonomo and you can not from a  work from a residential property.Needs to be rural.Heav earth moving equipment now that you got me on but assuming it te same as everthing else you will need a pile of paper an need to buy them in Spain
I got 2 tipper wagons for recycling and it was not easy i have had my property 25 yrs.i will dig around a bit for you
good luck cheers

Thank you for your advice Rick,  yes we stay in  Ballito  on the North Coast it is stunning here I think its like one of the last outposts in South Africa

thank you again
Hilton and Michelle

Very helpful info, Rick--thanks so much. I guess I really need to consider another country for a work visa...

another idea for you may be one of the south American countries that have tossed off the yoke of oppressive imf loans - Ecuador , chile , argentina  - do some homework on the economies and do visit before decideing if you can  - mexico is a total bust because of the drug wars from Guatemala to the us. border  - your unfortunate geographic situation puts you far and away from most everywhere  - sa. reminded me of spain geographicaly but definitely felt the hostility and fear vibes I once had stationed in el Salvador while in the army in 1986 - I remember one of the first things I was given when in joburg was a tall castle beer and a beretta with an extra magazine to carry with me since my girlfriend's brother new she had gotten too relaxed while living in the us. hope things have gotten better - but I have a feeling that for everyone better means more money put away and less intrusion  - good luck if you have some of both wherever you are or go to ....

Good Morning,
Are you still thinking of going there??