Any artists here or there

Hey,

I'm an Russian artist living in Mauritius ...  for last 2 days looking for fellow artists or art critics or art lovers ect
Perhaps that would be great to meet and talk about how bad art is and how much better it was. I'm over 50, you see, happily married with few kids. Or even better to go out on Plein Air and paint some great landscapes.

thanks

IS

hi there
there is a group of artists that meet every tuesday night in Tamarin
here is the link to their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/140083866010195/

thanks a lot, this community is great  :)

Hi everybody! I'm very happy to hear about artists in Mauritius)) I know mostly photographers here, but I was thinking to meet somebody who like to draw or to paint. I'm an art historian, but I do love to draw. Sometimes there are too much work and I forget about my hobby. It's nice to have a good company for Plein Air, so thumbs up, I'm ready for creativity ;)

Hey.. I like painting...
I have just made a painting and put it for sale...have a look..:-)

Olga, what a surprise "art historian" and even Russian one. Sure, would be great to meet and have a chat. I'm planing to go to Tumarin for next artists assembly, why not you join too or in case you been around Flic en Flac give me a call.

Ankita, that is quite amazing how people like  Damien Hirst can make money out of their art. Not working so well for me. Good luck to you and I wish you become successful artist on day.

Glad to see so many people interested in art. I'm sure in country like Mauritius art can communicate trough out societies, language barriers and taboos.

Well....as I said this is my first canvas painting and so I don't know much about how to sell etc. I have just put it on olx.mu and hoping for some replies..
I am not sure if that will work..

Ankita0205 wrote:

Well....as I said this is my first canvas painting and so I don't know much about how to sell etc. I have just put it on olx.mu and hoping for some replies..
I am not sure if that will work..

Long journey start with one step. I'm afraid, that maybe not so good idea putting your works public initially for at least some time.

For example Picasso was a mature artist and still he was no showing his The girls of Avignon for about 4 years to anyone. And when he did finally even his best friend told him, that rather then painting such horrible thing, that would be much better if he die.

You cant predict what reaction of public will be on your work.

If you want to go for a photography trip just let me know  :)

bryen moonean wrote:

If you want to go for a photography trip just let me know  :)

sounds good, what exactly do you have on your mind.

I would be delighted to make some stunning landscapes and seascapes photos, but at this latitude it is or early morning or at evening. During the day time sun shining directly from above and do not produce much contrasting shadows. So far evening scenes, which  I've seen attracted me most. And I have no luck to catch up with morning colors and shadows on West coast.

May be sunrise on East coast can be good idea .

What do you think.

Have you ever try using some ND (neutral density filters). It will help in blocking the excess of light thus keeping all your details :) but for sure golden hours are the best for landscape :)

problem in direction of light, if light is going down almost vertically then your subject (mountains, trees) will not have casting shadows on it and become flat.

why not creat a small group and organise some shooting outings?It would be great don't you think ivan?we could share our experience..

bryen moonean wrote:

why not creat a small group and organise some shooting outings?It would be great don't you think ivan?we could share our experience..

I think, islander's life historically a bit lethargic and people getting preoccupied with their daily routine and become sort of non reflective for bright ideas.  Me, personally, like that kind of life stile very much. Rather then exploring new ideas I would use opportunity of monotonous life style in spin down to exploring in depth existing ones.

good luck!

:dumbom: Yes, plenty.....email me [email protected]

home alone
with heart like stone
drink martini
sung my song

Silly Billy
is it you
              really