Probably you can help me .. as I am shifting to Maputo ..

Hi friends, I am planning to shift to Maputo soon and trying to understand the cost of living there. It will be a great help if you can help me understanding the Avg monthly cost in the following things .. like house rent(1/2 BHK flat), education cost(international school) of a <8yrs old kid, medical facility and cost, veg Indian food cost, domestic help cost, phone and internet cost, income tax rate or any other taxes there or any other thing which I have missed here from the daily requirement ..

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Neeshu.

Dear neeshu

Welcome to Maputo

Maputo is good city and has decent Climate. For accommodation you can chose depending upon where your work place is located. The best place to live is Coup. You can get 2 bhk for a rent of around 750 dollars the max can be 1000 dollars. You will get all vegetables in Central Market ( some of the exotic ones you wont) but commonly available are baigan, bhendi, tomato, cabbage, carrot, Gobi, dhaniya, mirchi, onions etc.They are not very costly ( You want to break away from mindset of converting into INR for everything, if that may be the case everything is exorbitant)you wont get fresh milk you have to but 1litre tetra packs they come at 55mt per litre.(30mt is 1usd). Education is costly with standards not upto mark you can budget some where between 200 to 300 usd minimum per month. Mobile is ok. Internet is also not that costly for 50-75 usd per month you can get 20gb high speed internet.

This is general overall view. If you want any thing more pl feel free to contact me.

Srini

Srini, Not sure how will I thank you for your help but I can say that now that  "thanks a lot". Also if you don't mind can you pls share your contact number so that I can contact you(in ur free time obviously) to discuss few more things. I'll join Barclays bank in Mozambique.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Neeshu.

Dear Nishu

I have replied earlier to share phone numbers on common platforms is not advisable and secure, pl send ur email i will provide the details

srini

Pls feel fee to write me at [email protected]

Thanks & Regards,
Neeshu.

[moderated: no free ads please]