Marsaskala or Mellieha????

Hi all,

Needs some advice please. Where currently living in Marsascala but looking at a 4 bedroom house in Mellieha but need your thoughts.

Marsaskala or Mellieha answers on a postcard please :-D

Thanks again in advance

Are you working? If so where?
M'skala easier for Valletta etc and probably quieter than Mellieha and close to St Thomas's.
If I had to make that choice would go for M'skala, which was one of our options.
Welcome btw, you made it!!!! :cool:

Thanks Redmik,

That was our first choice but accommodation seems to be a limited. Saw the ad for the house on Malta park and had a look at it yesterday, was suitably impressed as it's a 4 bedroom with stunning views from the roof. Only drawback is it's situated right next to St Ann's church.

We went to Gozo also for a bimble to make the most of the day and had a good time.

Thanks for your input..

Rocking Ken wrote:

Thanks Redmik,

That was our first choice but accommodation seems to be a limited. Saw the ad for the house on Malta park and had a look at it yesterday, was suitably impressed as it's a 4 bedroom with stunning views from the roof. Only drawback is it's situated right next to St Ann's church.

We went to Gozo also for a bimble to make the most of the day and had a good time.

Thanks for your input..

Noise, noise and more noise,
Band clubs, church bells, festa, firworks etc
No early nights for you if you move there !!

Terry

totally agree with T

Thanks guy's

Toon do you have a car with registration NUFC?? is so I saw you yesterday  :D

toonarmy9752 wrote:

totally agree with T

Hi Toon,

Just noticed you live in Mellieha  :unsure just wondering if your trying to hide a good thing being you live there  :D

Oh one last important thing... any Irish bar's there??

Maybe  lol!!!!!!!!

no its my mate Norberts car - he owns the L'escargot restaurant at the top of the hill......opposite the hsbc bank

no irish bars  am afraid.....

toonarmy9752 wrote:

NNnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo  :sosad:

Need to rethink this move thing :/

the nearest irish bar is in Bugibba - and am sure you dont want to go and live there...

there are three maybe four half decent bars )its only my opinion)

Billys Musiclub - mainly brits and my local - a handful of other nationalities - but great for footy rugby and F1 coverage - Elvis tribute fortnightly - occasion 60s and country nights too, karaoke three nights a week a quiz ionce month - and a new chef making some fab specials - the only bar on the right side of the road to get the sun during the day in winter..... and summer..LOL
Reflections - mainly scots - footy and decent entertainment at weekends
Cross Keys - lots of maltese with a live rock band every friday and a singer on saturday - doesnt really get lively til about 11pm (OUR LAST PORT OF CALL ON A FRIDAY FOR THE ROCK MUSIC)
120 Bar - an ok bar but pricey - live music - its not my type of bar - but thats just personal taste - many people love it - but as its opposite the Maritim and linked to it many tourists go there. 

of course you have the two band clubs and the friends bar in the square

charlies bar is off the track - ok for bingo and a quiz but thats it  - the one bar i never go to!!!!!!

Sozzies place down at Last Paradise is a good little bar restaurant for music karaoke and good home made food - very very friendly place - known sozzie for a long long time

Hi Toon,

We signed the contract today so looks like we'll be neighbours lol..

We saw a few of the bar's you mentioned and look forward to many nights in your local. I can even try and get a 50s night going there as that's the type of music were into.

We went to Bugibba today and quite frankly we were not impressed at all (not our type of place).

We officially move in on 24th Feb and if your up for a pint or two that would be great.

Ken

always up for a pint or three,,,,,

please dont tell me you are into elvis.....lol

we stayed in Bugibba for the first 6months as a starter but hated it there and moved to Mellieha......and have been in the village over 5 yrs now

Only like Elvis's 56 sessions he did with Sun records way back in 1956 lol

Once we are settled in I'l drop you a PM and we can hook up.

the reason  i mention it is that billys is also the venue for a elvis tribute act

lol  :lol:

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Maybe  lol!!!!!!!!

no its my mate Norberts car - he owns the L'escargot restaurant at the top of the hill......opposite the hsbc bank

You know Norbert?! I guess you would being a Newcastle fan!

OF COURSE...... the clue is in the name..... :)