Medical Insurance

I will be coming to Muscat from the UK next month for 2 years to work,can anyone advise me on the best value medical insurance and where to purchase it please.

If you are coming on an employment visa, it is the responsibility of your employer to provide you with a medical insurance card. This is a mandatory requirement as per the Omani Labour laws.

Each company will have its own preferred medical insurance service provider and the insurance provider as well as the scope of your cover would be entirely your company's choice. Employees have no say in this matter.

Yes no need to worry about that bro. But otherwise medical is soo costly. I had sell my laptop, mobile, tv, old furniture, take loan from bank, car and even my both my kidneys and still I couldn't pay my medical bills. Finally some generous dude donated money which helped me pay the bills.
But now I am stuck with bank loan so I have decided I will try to stay as healthy as possible so that I never fall sick. U should also do this. All the best.

Thank you Sumitran for your  reply does it make any difference if i am over 60 years of age as this is what my employer is saying ?

nicky66 wrote:

Thank you Sumitran for your  reply does it make any difference if i am over 60 years of age as this is what my employer is saying ?

Hi nicky66,

There is only one issue and that is these days the Ministry of Manpower in an effort to curtail the vast numbers of expatriates is denying work visas to anyone over 60 years of age. I do know of a case where an expat employee who's been working in an organisation here for decades had to go back as his employment visa was rejected when he turned 60 years of age. However there are some who continue to hold on to their jobs even at 65 years of age. It all depends on how important the person is to the organisation and how much of influence their employer can exert in convincing the authorities to extend the said employees employment visa. I guess I'm digressing from the core message, which is, if you are employed, it is still the responsibility of your employer to provide you with a medical insurance - 60 plus or not.