Need your help to move to Colombia

Hi
my name is Ahmed .. I'm From Egypt ..
I Got job offer on Barranquilla -Colombia I just need to know the range of salaries i Will be (IT System Engineer), the Cost of Leaving (Accommodations) the transportation ..... etc ...
is it safe to live there in Colombia ?!!!!!
in case i accept this job offer ,, i will bring my wife and son with me .. so i need to know is Colombia is good place for Muslims to live ?!!!!

thank you in advance and i will appreciate any help answers :)

51 review and no answer !!!!

a.mohamed.fatah wrote:

Hi
my name is Ahmed .. I'm From Egypt ..
I Got job offer on Barranquilla -Colombia I just need to know the range of salaries i Will be (IT System Engineer), the Cost of Leaving (Accommodations) the transportation ..... etc ...
is it safe to live there in Colombia ?!!!!!
in case i accept this job offer ,, i will bring my wife and son with me .. so i need to know is Colombia is good place for Muslims to live ?!!!!

thank you in advance and i will appreciate any help answers :)

Hello Ahmed,
First of all, Colombia is safe. Of course, there are parts that I would probably not step foot in but that's with every city around the world. The cost of living is probably somewhere in the middle to high seeing as it is a beach town with many tourists. I haven't heard of any muslims living in Colombia; however, I don't discard the idea that there are some. As you may very well know, most of the population is Catholic.
I hope other members are able to give you more information specific to Barranquilla.

thank you IrynaUsa for your replay :)

I think Barranquilla Colombia its a good  and safe place to live, currently Im living in Cartagena Colombia (aprox 130 kms from Barranquilla) and  i really like it, of course, im Mexican and we share pretty similar cultures, i dont know much about Egypt  but i think that if you apply the golden rule (respect others as you want to be respected) you and your family will be just fine!  good luck!

I have lived in the Cali area for several years, and found it safe. We are Jewish and like anyplace outside your own culture, being kosher is a challenge. That being said, people are typically respectful, I would say that I have seen many Muslems in Colombia and they seem comfortable. I hope that helps.