Public Beaches

Is the public beach opposite the Al Ahyaa area ie The Tibas really public and can anyone use it. A lot of people say you cannot, does any body have any pictures of it.

Hi John, I see that this one slipped through the net! In all honesty, most Europeans would not use and Egyptian public beach. They are generally not well kept, have poor or non existent sun loungers and facilities. Most people pay anything from 5le to 25le per person for a day at a well looked after beach with decent facilities. If you just want to go and have a dip in the Red Sea and lie on a stretch of sand with nothing else there, then the beach opposite Al-Ahyaa is great.

You will see all manner of cars and bikes parked along the main roads that run alongside the Red Sea on a Friday and Saturday as the Local Egyptians head to the beaches for the day. You will see them climb over walls, fences and go through building sites and why not. Most are a lot easier to get to.

I believe that the nearest private beach would be a short taxi ride away and cost around £1-£2 sterling.

Have a good trip. Regards, Tim

Hi Tim
Quick question regarding taxis. Do you have a rough idea of the taxi fare to Hurghada from the air port, say the down town(old town) area. Only a guide So I can get some EGP sorted.
Cheers
John

From the airport is always a little more cash than a normal journey of comparable length. Look for the blue and white taxis parked over the road from the arrivals exit. They are normally more reasonable and the drivers are a little more sedate! You should get one for 50Le don't ask them, just tell them. 50Le to go to Dahar and you will find one no problem. Avoid the Taxi mafia that will ask you if you want a taxi as you exit the arrivals building, they are hoping to fleece tourists for Euros or GBP.

I have sent you a private email concerning the resort that you were looking at.

Enjoy your trip and let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
                        Tim Chisholm

I think 70LE is a bit much to be honest. I pay 20LE with the orange and blue taxis to El Kawther. It is 5LE more than it would normally be because the drivers have to pay to enter the airport. I would estimate that the most you should need to pay to go to Dahar from the airport would be 40LE.... Make sure you agree on a price before you get in the taxi

Who mentioned 70LE? Where did that figure come from.

Tim edited his post... it originally read as 70LE.. now he has 50LE..... this was in the post about taxis from the airport

Thanks Tigerlily, for a minute I was confused....cheers

My pleasure :)