Any photography group here or interested in street photography?

Hi,

I am relatively new to photography and still learning.

Any one has similar interest and willing to try some clicks in and around HCMC?

NOTE: I don't know suitable places though.. need to do more research on that..

Cheers

I'm interested in Photography.. usually i m not too good in street photography.. if possible we can explore it..
please PM me..

Hi fastersaec,

I mentioned street photography since i never done before and willing to try.. I also interested in night photography and landscape.. but landscape photography and saigon doesn't go well together unless travel out of hcmc..

cheers

I was very into street photography but didn't bring my RF along with me...is there some where I can get on, I'm old-fashioned so I'm totally manual in everything.

Will most likely get a Canonet GIII QL17 if its available here... I wonder what would the price be?

Regards
Mike

MikeFF wrote:

I was very into street photography but didn't bring my RF along with me...is there some where I can get on, I'm old-fashioned so I'm totally manual in everything.

Will most likely get a Canonet GIII QL17 if its available here... I wonder what would the price be?

Regards
Mike

It's available here, a couple of days ago, I read that a man in HCMC is selling it and the price is around $140.

MikeFF wrote:

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

Please PM me if interested.. can try some..

cheers

Hi,
Do you need a model? hehe. I'm not a professional model , just I really like to be taken photos.
I think there are some place in Saigon you can take nice photos such as district 1, 2, 7 or district 5 where is selling decorations for Tet holidays in Vietnam especially.
Hoa

seefaring.tumblr.come to meet up with some other street photographers. Check out some of my pictures at seefaring.tumblr.com

MikeFF, Vietnam has been a bit of a challenge for me film wise. I'm shooting and developing using BW film and chemicals I've brought with me. Color film seems (somewhat) more abundant, and processing (color and BW) does exist. Here's to finding a decent RF and shooting soon!

if the link is not approved...  seefaring (dot) tumblr dot com

erbdybuddy wrote:

I'd love to meet up with some other street photographers. Check out some of my pictures at seefaring.tumblr.com

MikeFF, Vietnam has been a bit of a challenge for me film wise. I'm shooting and developing using BW film and chemicals I've brought with me. Color film seems (somewhat) more abundant, and processing (color and BW) does exist. Here's to finding a decent RF and shooting soon!

I have seen some shops but didn't know that they didn't offer BW processing....I'm specifically interested in BW. By the time I'm able to start, I'd need some processing chemicals, containers, etc.

Ideally my preferred RF would be the EPSON R-D1(s) but for starters I'll settle for the Canonet. Was really hoping that Fuji would have come out with a full manual camera/lense with digital media, will have to wait I guess...

Regards
Mike

The shop on in D1 that I've been getting my film scanned (Lab Sai Gon, I think) does have a bunch of film. I suppose I didn't look too hard at their selection because I'm pretty well stocked. They may have black and white. They also do offer black and white processing. They also sell most of the supplies to develop (changing bag, tank, etc.) but did not sell  chemicals.

After some reading, re-search, etc. I think i've settled down, the Fuji X100s seems to be a better choice given that films are getting harder to acquire and process.

Anyone here using the X100s?

Oh..and BTW, I'm moving to Hanoi next week, hoping to find some like-minded people there.

VN seems to be 'PERFECT' for street photography...there is something to shoot EVERY where I look, whereas in MY / SG, I literally had to 'find' subjects, etc.

Regards
Mike

Mike, have you looked at the Ricoh GR?  It's much less conspicuous than the X100s, and has snap-focus, which is very handy for street photography.  Much less expensive also.

Thanks for the headsup on the Ricoh GR, but I'm a sucker for 'retro' styled cameras like the Lieca M series, etc. I secretly love the M9 but could never justify logically why I would ever need one nor will I ever have the money.

So any camera manufacturer can have my money (within means :-p) if they made theirs look retro and perform like the M9. So far the X100s seems to have all that I want and more than I'll ever need.

Thanks again.

Regards
Mike

Yeah, the X100S does look nice, and has a great viewfinder.  You might be able to pick one up for a discount now that the X100T has been announced.

DanFromSF wrote:

Yeah, the X100S does look nice, and has a great viewfinder.  You might be able to pick one up for a discount now that the X100T has been announced.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for! :-)

Regards
Mike

I like my semi pro (Bridge) cameras.
Not as complex as an SLR, but has many of the features.
My Fujifilm HS 50 is a good all rounder, and that 42X optical zoom is really handy.
It's very fast continuous shot is great at snapping moving vehicles doing really silly things.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

The HS 50 also does very nice video, and has the ability to take an external microphone.
It's drawback, not a lot of good in low light.
The moving screen allows shots from difficult angles.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digita … x_hs50exr/

mas fred,

Thanks for the input on the HS50, one of the things that the X100s does very well is in low light situations, I like to take photos at that moment, dusk and dawn.

Regards
Mike

I was unfamiliar with the X100, so I took a look.

http://www.finepix-x100.com/en/x100/tec … cification

It looks very nice, but wouldn't work much better than my Samsung S5 phone as far as the camera goes.
I deliberately bought the HS 50 because of the crazy zoom available with the supplied (Fixed) lens, and its ability to accept an external microphone for video shooting.

In my few short years of 'street bashing' with various cameras, I realised I needed a very long zoom for those hard to get shots and a pretty fast continuous shot speed to get those action shots; 3 or 5 frames per second just won't cut it for me.
I've taken some shots of an old lady today, photos I couldn't have managed without that long zoom.

A lot depends on the type of playing you intend to do with the thing but, if it's street bashing, consider the potential of that zoom and rapid continuous shot.

Hey guys!
I now starting an event for photography hobbyist, if you like, we can meet up and share our photography experiences together!!!
Here my post linking:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 43#3037722