Open rep office and recruit local staff

Dear all,

I'm from Vietnam and looking for detail information/ procedure to open new representative office in Manila. I would like to find some information as below:

1. What is procedure to open rep. office. My parent company is located in Vietnam, working in ICT industry;
2. I will be appointed as Head of Rep. Office, what are legal policies I need to be compliant, for example Visa, work permit,..
3. We will recruit some local staff, what is type of contract which followed labor law? are there any required insurance we have to follow?

Any help would be strongly appreciated!

Best regards,
Eric Do.

Is this something like manpower or headhunt office to deploy for work?

Hi sir please try to look for http://www.doingbusiness.org so that you can have some idea/s. Just PM me if you have some more inquiries that I can be of help. Goodluck!

thanks Hopefulei,

I'll try to find as your suggestion.

Rgd,
Eric

How is your business going on Ericdo? Good luck!

ericdo wrote:

Dear all,

1. What is procedure to open rep. office. My parent company is located in Vietnam, working in ICT industry;

Eric Do.

Judging by what you said, I suggest you talk to a local attorney. You may want to come here to start field evaluation, market analysis, etc. i wonder which one is worse, having no information or unreliable/wrong information!
Just try to double check everything. There are lots of lawyers that you can ask them, including one that i know.
Good luck.

Hello,

Regadless to your inquiries, maybe I could help u w/ that but in a proper meeting.Its hard to explain things only int he net..

Regards,
Ania

Thanks all,

Now I'm stay in Manila and trying to follow your recommendations.

Best wishes

Eric

Its depend on the area here in the philippines? then what kind of staff you want to hire? part time or regular?

Hi Enrico,here are the procedure but its hard to discuss here but at least you have the guide;

Requirements for Foreign Investor (To submit 5 copies)
1. Interview sheet with interviewer's findings and recommendation
2. Duly Accomplished Forms
3. Form # 16- Business Name Application
Form #17- Foreign Investor's Application
4. ID pictures (Passport Size)
a. Foreign Investor – 7 copies
b. Filipino resident agent – 7 copies
5. ACR/ICR, Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV) or passport
6. Notarized Appointment of Filipino Resident Agent
7. For Non-Resident Alien
Proof of Inward Remittance of Foreign Currency with Peso Conversion For Resident:
Bank Certificate of Deposit
8. Authority to verify Bank Accounts/Bank Certificate of Deposit
9. Certification from Resident Alien not seeking Remittance of Profits and Dividends
Abroad
10. If investment includes assets other than foreign exchange, copy of valuation report
from Central Bank.
11. Clearance/Certification from other involved agencies
• PNP/DND- if engaged in defense-related activities
• DOST- if investment involves advanced technology
12. Fees/Charges – In Cash:
For Business Name Registration Certificate
a. Single Proprietorship - P 300.00
b. Filing Fee - P500.00
c. Registration Fee - P5,000.00
13. Bio-data of Foreign Investor
14. In case of alien retailer, current year's permit to engage in retail business per R.A. 1180
15. If corporation, certified true copy of the following:
- Securities and Exchange
- Article of Incorporation and By-laws
-Application to do Business in the Philippines under RA7042
Additional requirements on case-to-case basis depending on actual examination and
processing of the application. (i.e., If business requires practice of profession: submit
photocopy of Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC) license or Integrated Bar of the
Philippines membership and present original copy for comparison and contract of
employment, if applicable)
C. Procedure
1. Check online (from a hyperlink at DTI Website http://www.dti.gov.ph) if the business
name you like to register is still available.
2. Fill-out the application form (copies can be obtained from DTI-Field offices and also
available online). Indicate at least three (3) preferred business names.
3. Submit application form together with the documentary requirements, and pay
corresponding fees to appropriate DTI-field Offices (DTI-NCR for businesses within
metro Manila or DTI - Provincial Offices for businesses outside the Metro Manila.
Online lodgment of form is available to some DTI-field offices that have stable
internet access.
4. After evaluation of the application form and documents, applicant will be advised
accordingly (personally for those walk-in clients and an auto e-mail notification for
those who lodged online).
5. Issuance of Certificate of Registration.
D. Validity
The Certificate of Business Name Registration is valid for 5 years and shall be valid only at
the business address indicated thereon. In the event the registered owner thereof should opt
to open branch offices within the Philippines, he must apply for separate registration for each
of the branch office so established.
Processing Time
One (1) Day – Application filed at National Capital Region (NCR) and selected online
DTI –Field Offices
Five (5) Working Days - Application filed in other at DTI-Field Offices

If you have question,just contact me.