Good day.

my present company recruited me from the Philippines,but now i am planning to resign since that this company is not complying with what's on the contract.actually,i already filed my resignation this January 15,2014..My one year of service will be fall in February 07,2014,based on when i started my duty here,,When i am still in the Philippines,they sent me my contract and it was stated there that its effectivity is December 16,2012..When i arrived here i sign again another contract to them but they didnt give a copy,,I'd like to ask which contract is valid..The one that i signed in the Philippines or the one that i signed here?do i have a right and chance for an immediate transfer?i already have new employer..What proper procedures should i take to have a smooth exit from my employer now?i am hoping for your good advice and guide regarding this,,thank you.

Sounds to me like you have a very unreliable employer. The 2nd contract that you don't have a copy of will be the official one as it came last but as you have a copy of your first contract, take that to LMRA and ask their advice. Also take copies of all communication with the employer. Good luck

I agree, its the second contract that will be valid rather than what you signed back home. The second contract is what has the correct start date and so on, but by and large the clauses governing work should not be different to what you signed initially.

I am sure you should be able to use the "Mobility" route to transfer from your current employer to the proposed employer. Did you also send your resignation letter by registered post?

Please do take a look at the Mobility rules at the LMRA website. This should help you move. Let us know how you fare. Best wishes.