WInter clothes shopping

Hello ,

I am from India and will be in Budapest for 2 months (february,March) . I guess the climate in these months would be winter .

The winter clothes in India are good only for the winter in India ;) .I am wondering whether I have to buy and carry winter clothes from India as we wont get good winter clothes here.

I want to know the price range of "decent" winter clothes in Budapest.

Thanks in advance

No problem, there are tons of second hand clothing shops that are not too pricey. You can pick up used quality sweaters, coats and even scarves and hats for a fraction of new clothing.
The Christmas buying rush is over with and the shops are discounting even second hand winter items to make room for spring clothing.
Dry cleaning may cost more then the item costs though, a coat is at least $10. to have dry cleaned here, maybe more for fur or leather.
I have moved here from NV and my winter things were not warm enough for everyday here. I have picked up many sweaters second hand for knocking around in, a good hand wash and they were almost as good as new.

Thanks a lot !!
One more question . What kind of winter clothes are required for BP winter ?
Would normal sweaters / pull overs  work or any  thick quilt jackets required ?

nair87 wrote:

What kind of winter clothes are required for BP winter ?
Would normal sweaters / pull overs  work or any  thick quilt jackets required ?

If you are indoors, a pullover is fine. But it is today -2°C, wind chill makes it more like -6°C, and forecast is for -10° tonight. If you go outside you will need a warm jacket. February can be quite cold.

Thanks for this informative post so keep it up and post more related this topic...

(moderated: no copy paste on the forum pls)