Australian wanting to move to Singapore

Hi, I am an Australian living in Melbourne and have decided work and live in Singapore. Currently working as a business analyst in an IT consulting firm and searching for similar work in Singapore. I have been applying for jobs online via job search website. I am carefully shortlisting jobs where my experience and profile matches with the selection criteria but have not received any response from anywhere yet. Not sure where am I going wrong. I suspect because I am not based in Singapore hence employers and requiters are not interested in going through the pain of calling overseas and then having to sponsor at a later stage. I am looking for advice from anyone who found work in Singapore from overseas. Much appreciated!!

Finding a job in Singapore,not being there,is rather difficult.Ofcourse it depends on which country's passport are you currently holding and the level of expertise you have.Because in case of a passport of a 3rd world country,now a days the government is restricting the issue of S Pass,Employment Pass etc(Even the company sponsored ones)

I have been working in Singapore for the last 5 years.Personally I wanted to get out of that country because of such restricted rules.I migrated to Australia(Brisbane) and currently looking for a job now.I am from a mechanical engineering background and have experience in Marine Project Management industry.
Rgds
Arindam

all the best! among all online job portals, I believe
"monster.com.sg" or monster.sg is the most effective!

Hi Bapro,

Nice to meet you. Sometimes, it is hard to find a job if you are not in Singapore. As my experience that you should send email to the company you would like to apply and call them for an appointment when you visit Singapore. It is more effective.
Anyway, there is another helpful website: jobstreet.com
I am a Vietnamese working here and would like to find more friends.

If you come here and free, feel free  to let me know to have a coffee.

Good luck

Its rather difficult at this time. The country are more strict because of the influx of foreigners. Companies now prioritise locals.