Italian grammar book

hi everyone! i have been trying to study italian online for about 2-3 months now but since i am a bit old fashioned when t comes to reading and studying i need a grammar/exercises book. beginners level, any suggestions? i have been to agenda at tigne POINT but i didn't find much neither to the bookshop in bisazza street sliema- which was a shame actually because it is such a big store..
anyway, i would appreciate any suggestion on titles and bookstores..

Hi Martelli

We just had to get language books for our son, Macmillan do language starters in a range, that we ordered from agenda and they arrived in a couple of days.

There are also some very good apps for iPhones etc that have native language speakers guiding you through your learning.

Jay

Hi Martelli,

I am Tearnet (Terry's) wife, and I have been learning Italian since last October.  I do attend council-run evening classes once a week and the book that we use (for total beginners) is Rete 1 (libro di classe) but I think it would be only moderately helpful if you don't attend lessons as the teacher works through a lot on the whiteboard and in conversation that guides us through the book, though we do various exercises from it.

What HAS helped me a lot by clarifying various aspects of the language have been several apps that I have uploaded onto my IPad.  I have a very good dictionary app (as well having purchased a beginners dictionary in a Mosta stationery shop that also gives the different types of verb conjugations at the back); a very good verb conjugator app; an app that covers a wide section of grammar and verbs etc etc; a translator app and an app where you chose your level of learning and it takes you through the many aspects of grammar etc and you can go back and back until you feel that you have mastered each section.

All these combined have not only helped my learning but also given me a wider view and more confidence.  Although very far from fluency I am enjoying learning Italian.  If you'd like me to tell you the specific apps, send a PM to Terry and I will answer it. 

Good luck and enjoy your learning! 

Sheelagh

thank you both! jay, macmillan is the publisher right? and terry's wife please send me the apps.. i am using duolingo and startiing with babel now..i found some italian pages online as well but every help is welcome!

Hi again, Martelli,

I have just sent you a PM listing the apps etc that I mentioned.

Sheelagh