I want an honest opinion about my situation.

I've been seeing a Saudi guy for months, and now he is asking me to marry him. I am Filipina 24 and he is 27.  I don't know what to answer because I heard it will be hard for us to get married here. And also he wants me to stay with with him but what about my employer/ sponsor where I am working. Please send me some advices. Thank you!

Don't think never ever this could be real marriage, are you dreaming that his parents could accept you? does he will give you Saudi nationality after three years of marriage? ok let's be more clear ask him from now to tell his parents to talk to your parents to request officially.

Getting married here is easy if both are expats or Saudi, but Saudi with expat it will take not less than eight months to take approval from ministry of interior.

wishing the best.

Thanks for your opinion. I am making up my mind.. I appreciate your honest opinion. I'm also reading alot about this. I just don't know why he is acting like we can get married in just a snap. And he will always tell me that his family don't have any say when decide for himself.

Just know that once you marry him, you are at his mercy.  If he suddenly changes into a different (cruel) person, which many of them seem to when they marry a foreigner, he can prevent you from traveling to your country to see your parents/relatives, he can marry a 2nd wife without telling you, and even if he did tell you, you can't stop him, he can divorce you at the drop of a hat, steal your children (because they will be Saudi citizens), and then prevent you from seeing your own children!!!

Not saying he is like that, or that he will become like that.  But, there are enough cases out there, and anyway, that's how the system is, so if you want to enter his world, know that the system will be stacked against you in any of those situations I mentioned.

P.S. He can stop you from working, or take most of your salary (if he changes).  You sure you would want to deal with police and courts in such a case, which will take forever to resolve?

Plus, he will ask you to change your username here to missdependent  :joking:

missindependent wrote:

I've been seeing a Saudi guy for months, and now he is asking me to marry him. I am Filipina 24 and he is 27.  I don't know what to answer because I heard it will be hard for us to get married here. And also he wants me to stay with with him but what about my employer/ sponsor where I am working. Please send me some advices. Thank you!

Think hard before you tread further. Life wont be such rosy as he might have told you. Just go ahead with caution. If you are ready for the worst consequences ( as EB members have already told) then you can go ahead. Else think million time before you take a decision !!

Trapezius wrote:

Just know that once you marry him, you are at his mercy.  If he suddenly changes into a different (cruel) person, which many of them seem to when they marry a foreigner, he can prevent you from traveling to your country to see your parents/relatives, he can marry a 2nd wife without telling you, and even if he did tell you, you can't stop him, he can divorce you at the drop of a hat, steal your children (because they will be Saudi citizens), and then prevent you from seeing your own children!!!

Not saying he is like that, or that he will become like that.  But, there are enough cases out there, and anyway, that's how the system is, so if you want to enter his world, know that the system will be stacked against you in any of those situations I mentioned.

P.S. He can stop you from working, or take most of your salary (if he changes).  You sure you would want to deal with police and courts in such a case, which will take forever to resolve?

Plus, he will ask you to change your username here to missdependent  :joking:

I bet you scared her ass off..lol she might break up with this saudi guy after reading this.
anyway, this is very well said.. :)

The picture is very much clear....

boredomsucks wrote:

I bet you scared her ass off..lol she might break up with this saudi guy after reading this.
anyway, this is very well said.. :)

Whoops... Should I feel bad? :gloria

Anyway, missindependent, you must go through these:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18191https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32325http://taraummomar.wordpress.com/saudi- … permissionhttp://taraummomar.wordpress.com/2012/0 … hree-yearshttp://taraummomar.wordpress.com/2010/0 … ry-z-and-bhttp://www.blueabaya.com/2011/03/saudi- … ccess.html

Official procedure:
http://www.makkah.gov.sa/procedures/2/2

Well Saudi nation guys need permission from GOVT and parents to get married legal any other nationality, else past 13 years my exp. here in Saudi Arabia, don't ever go for this, it's just a game to take girls on bed to use for their self satisfaction, until they get over on it you will be garbage for them... sorry but it's just my exp. and advice to you...

missindependent wrote:

He just trying to find way to get what he want, i am sure you are not baby anymore to let him play with your feeling..

missindependent wrote:

Thanks for your opinion. I am making up my mind.. I appreciate your honest opinion. I'm also reading alot about this. I just don't know why he is acting like we can get married in just a snap. And he will always tell
me that his family don't have any say when decide for himself.

@missindependent was here two years back. God knows what happened to her.

If he is honest he will introduce you to his family and will apply for the marriage permission from MOI. It will take time anywhere from few months to years - depends who you know. But if he just wants to get married in a secret outside just to make the relationship halal then i would advise forget about it. Because if you have kids later on or even want to go out in saudi together or live together it will be very difficult as the marriage is not legal according to a Saudi law. So if hes serious his family must know and he must get the marriage permission from MOI. I had marriage offer before and that was all about keeping it a secret and no permission. Rejected. Now lhamdullah I am married to a local with a permission that took 14months.

Good Morning @ AKprince :)

Good morning & Juma Mubarik....  :)

saimans wrote:

Good Morning @ AKprince :)

in my opinion, saudi national or not, getting married is a serious thing and act. take time to think about it before doing it so. God bless.

It.s
Not that easy
Not all of them are honst

missindependent if he is serious and honest with you he will take all the permissions needed and you will marry after a year approximately. Just be patient. I married a local man here with all the necessary permissions. But life here is different

The thread is nearly 2 years old...

So missindependent, did you get married?

Hi. I hope He's a good Honestly person.. Unfortunatelly after marriage some men become posessive and controlling as well as disonest.. Im not saying this will happen but in the worst case scenario... Ne way i suggest u meet his family as this will give u more of an idea of his upbringing, views etc.. If he refuses to introduce u say bye.. He's not serious.. Also Saudi is very restrictive place to live ru sure u can live here.. Many women here only leave the House with a male Guardian( some saudi men dont want wives to work) .. In any case pls take ur time.. And get to kniw him very well..

I agreed with you sister... Better to meet his family first to clear everything. Otherwise just say bye. Saudi is not very restrictive place, people are showing strict way to their wives or family (Not all - But majority), if we have trust on our family members no matter even girl or guy they can go out and do their activities and come back.

Shemsa wrote:

Hi. I hope He's a good Honestly person.. Unfortunatelly after marriage some men become posessive and controlling as well as disonest.. Im not saying this will happen but in the worst case scenario... Ne way i suggest u meet his family as this will give u more of an idea of his upbringing, views etc.. If he refuses to introduce u say bye.. He's not serious.. Also Saudi is very restrictive place to live ru sure u can live here.. Many women here only leave the House with a male Guardian( some saudi men dont want wives to work) .. In any case pls take ur time.. And get to kniw him very well..

it is my advise not to marry him. later on both of you will be in problem better to avoid and marry in your on community.

Thanks.

Welcome to Jan 2014...sugar how u get so fly...

lol they resurrected this old thread and talking to themselves

missindependent wrote:

I am a filipina who is married to a saudi. Just make sure he obtains the marriage permission before you get married. Do it legally for your own sake.

Your old enough...u can chose your own freewill..

Oh Man!!!

Guess no one's even reading any comments here!!!

IT'S A DAMN OLD THREAD FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!

ADMIN....Please close it....

Closed