Wishing to Move to Muslim country how about Turkey?

Hi all,
I was born Mumbai, India which is predominately a Hindu country.
I always wished to live in a Muslim country where I could follow my religion freely and peacefully.

Thinking that Middle East gulf would be a good option I moved to Dubai, UAE.
But the biggest problem here is that a expat can never get a citizenship. So there is always a fear of going back to India if I lose job due to any reason. Also life here is pretty expensive which becomes more expensive as day passes but the salary remains the same.

Few years back I met a Turkish girl online. Soon we became very good friend and later we fell in love with each other. Now she's telling me come to Turkey and get settled there. She's pretty optimistic and says every fine will be done. She says you just manage your visa and once you come here we both can manage everything.

But the more I search about jobs in turkey the more I feel that it's really difficult especially for a guy like me who earns a decent salary.  I work as accountant in Dubai. It seems getting residence visa is pretty expensive and to get a job legally is very difficult because the employer would never like to pay huge money for employment visa.  Also it seems that an expat is not given those jobs which a Turkish national can do.

So right now i feel very hopeless and feel very low. But if things work out well i would say it would be like a Miracle...

Hi, I wish you best of luck.
Though now you have another reason to move out, I want to ask if you had any problem here in  India following your religion freely? If yes, what was that ?

Thks mate. Yes sometimes. And I never felt that I belong here bcoz since I am a muslim I was told that I should live in Pakistan and not India. But I don't wanna live in pakistan bcuz for them I am Indian and not a Muslim. So they hate me. This I have experienced in dubai.

Hi,

That's an unfortunate situation as these countries were all part of india until the british split them up. The next time a pakistani tells you you're an indian, tell them to look in the mirror, because pakistan was once part of india until they drew that imaginary line called a border & created 2 countries. It's sad really to let outsiders come & split us such a great country. It's like breaking up a home.

Anyway, Turkey may be a good option for you. What's your area of expertise?

Here are some sites where you can search jobs in Turkey >

Yenibiris
Kariyer
Learn 4 Good
Career Jet
Indeed
Craigslist
Secret CV

Teaching English may also be another option. You will need a uni degree & a TESOL diploma/Celta

As i told you befor ,be realistic

Okay, sorry to see that you felt that way. But this is your country. No one has right to tell you where to live.
Just because some people "think"  that way, you shouldn't be feeling too bad. Try to ignore these people.
And you will find this type of people everywhere, wherever you go. If not on religion, they will pick up another topic to offend you. This is even common in people with the same religions. People always make up a dividing factor to differentiate between others.
And Pak may not be a good idea to move to now because the situation between these 2 countries is not very good right now.
I hope you settle down in Turkey. You should focus on that.
I hope you will get some help from people here.
Good Luck.

Thks buddy and I also wish u luck also for your future :)

syedkamran84 wrote:

I never felt that I belong here bcoz since I am a muslim I was told that I should live in Pakistan and not India. But I don't wanna live in pakistan bcuz for them I am Indian and not a Muslim. So they hate me. .

Sad story   :|

please review your statements

That's an unfortunate situation as these countries were all part of india until the british split them up.
and

pakistan was once part of india until they drew that imaginary line called a border & created 2 countries.

Actually I dont think so Turkey is the best place where you live your life freely in many ways. Not only about religion but also life style and way of thinking. Current goverment support islamic groups, islamic activities and related things. But previous goverment didnt. And may be next goverment wont. When politicians and governent change in Turkey, life style and border of freedom change too. I advise you to think twice. There are many countries have more democratic structure then Turkey. Khmers prowerb; When the water rises, the fish eats the ant; when the water recedes, the ant eats the fish. This is exactly what happen in Turkey :)

Can u suggest any other muslim country where I can practice islam freely and there is a possibility to get citizenship.

@Aqu
Can you provide information about Azerbaijan?

Hey karan I doubt if there good job opportunities in Azerbaijan

syedkamran84 wrote:

Hey karan I doubt if there good job opportunities in Azerbaijan

As far I know for jobs, the language will be a problem. Mostly they prefer russian and turkish/azeri speakers.
I read here on forums. You have to search a job before moving there. The company will arrange for your work permit and other arrangements. But again, the language will be the problem.

Since your gf is in Turkey, she can help you the best. You should be talking to her and enquire about the process and procedures for moving there(visas and work permits).
Turkey has more english speakers than Azerbaijan.