Getting the correct visa

Hi, I'm Denny and would like some advise as to obtaining the correct visa for 6 months stay or longer in Cambodia coming from Australia without working in Cambodia? I will require multiple entry visa.
Thank you for any current info.

Apply for an Ordinary Visa on your Visa application form, hand it over along with $25 and 1x passport photo to immigration upon arrival at the airport. Make sure you check that they have given you an E-Type Visa when you receive your PP back, not T-Type (Tourist visa).

Take your passport to any guesthouse or travel agent and tell them you want to apply for a 6 month multi-entry/exit visa and they will arrange it all for you. 12mth extension costs appx $285, not sure about 6 month. Should only take 1-2 days max.

Thank you very much. I spoke to embassy here in Australia and got  conflicting information from them. So thank you I will arrive with confidence now.

When I first came into the country, the visa you would want was called a "Business Visa". Since then, they have changed the name to "Ordinary Visa". Here are general rates for having your extension done from Sihanoukville, although the actual rate will change a bit from city to city, being cheapest in Phnom Penh:

1 month - $50 USD - Single Entry
3 months - $80 USD - Single Entry
6 months - $160 USD - Multiple Entry
1 year - $290 USD - Multiple Entry

The tourist visa only allows you to stay one month, with a single, one month extension. Then, you *must* leave the country. That would be $20 USD upon entry. You will want to pay $25 USD for the "Business" or "Ordinary" visa, valid for one month upon entry. Within that month, decide how long you wish to stay and find your nearest travel agency. Give them your passport, one passport sized photo, and the cash for the visa you wish to cover the length of time you wish to remain in country.

Please note: If you overstay your visa, it is a $6 USD / day fee.

If in Sihanoukville, definitely go to Mottah Travel. They are one of the few who actually know what they are doing, and talking about.

NOTE USE your camara to take aphoto of the document u fill in on the airplane and when asked on the document how long u want to stay make sure u put atleast 4 months so they don't give u a tourist visa . dont pay until u check your passport to see the correct visa has been given to you ! If u get a tourist by MISTAKE ( it happens) you will need tomexit the country and do it all over SO make sure your diligent , so no pain in the Butt , Take two  to get a ordinary visa....

livingincebu wrote:

Please note: If you overstay your visa, it is a $6 USD / day fee.

It's now $6 per day PLUS the cost of the visa extension.
Nothing gets cheaper...

What if someone gets T visa and wants to stay more than 30 or 60 days. Can he get the E visa/business visa/ordinary visa what ever it is called for longer stay?????

No, change of visa type not permitted. Either pay overstay fees, or exit and re-enter the country to get a new visa.

im from Australia been living here for 3 years my mate has been here for 8 years you need to get a normal visa yes that's what its called that gives you multi entry $25 1 month $290 1 year just renew every 12 months at any tour shop in phnom penh DONT GET A TOURIST VISA that's only for 28 days then you have to leave Cambodia the normal visa is blue with a large letter E in the middle

@Cocaine...Just to clarify for those who don't know and to save any confusion when choosing the correct visa type,  it is called an 'Ordinary Visa' on the visa application form, and the visa is called an E-Type visa. It is also known unofficially as a normal visa or a business visa.

Also to clarify,  only 6 & 12 month extensions are multi entry/ exit. 1 & 3 months are single entry only.

Benny,
When entering Cambodia you just need to apply for a business visa for 1 month (25 US$). With this visa you can ask in the city (touragency corner next to the shop Angkor Market) for a visa for 1 year (285 US$).
Gtz.

Hi

You can get an ordinary visa (which is a business visa) when arriving but if your intention is not to work sometimes you can have issues when arriving at the airports. The visa would be an initial visa for 1 month and then you will need to extend it at a travel agency for a 6 month or 12 month visa both are multiple entry. If you have any problems just get a tourist visa for the first month and then change it after doing a border run. Obviously the best for you will be to get the Ordinary visa which most people don't have any issues ! Hope this is of some help :) Oh the price for the Ordinary visa is $25 for the first month then roughly $145 for 6 months and 12 months should you need it is around $280 the tourist visa is $20

Hello,

Can we get a visa on arrival at Sianookville and extend it for 1 year when waiting on a beach?

And du you know any beafh place in Cambodia with an airport ?

Thank you for your help <3

fashionmode wrote:

Hello,

Can we get a visa on arrival at Sianookville and extend it for 1 year when waiting on a beach?

And du you know any beafh place in Cambodia with an airport ?

Thank you for your help <3

Yes. You can secure a visa upon arrival in Cambodia.
Yes, you can have your visa extended for one year, while sitting on the beach soaking up sun.
Sihanoukville is THE beach place in Cambodia. It also has an airport, domestic travel only, I believe?
To extend your visa, go to Mootah Travel, on Ekareach Street, across from the Canadia Bank. They will get your visa sorted for you.