Bus Fares and times

Can anyone who has used the buses over the last week or so tell me if the two tier system has definitely been dropped and everyone now pays 1.50 and can you tell me if the timetables on the Arriva website are still being used or if not where can I find out bus times.

Thanks

Yes, it's definitely 1.50€ for everyone and the timetable is still the same  :top:

no bus-driver was asking for the id since new year.
i would never trust anytimetable in malta.. ;)

yes they have dropped

Thankyou maximus, timidor and toon   

I know what you mean about trusting the timetables but I just meant as a basic guideline  :)

timidor wrote:

no bus-driver was asking for the id since new year.
i would never trust anytimetable in malta.. ;)

No ID is needed anymore. It's official and confirmed by the Maltese minister of transport.  :top:

basic guideline would depend on the margin of error.... lol

True toon,  lol

Hello there

What about the weekly ticket for the bus? Is it still 12€ or it has got a different price?
Thanks a million
Rico

It's still 12€, but there is already some talk in the town that the prices will be increased at some point. We will see... :|

It's 6.50 now.

6.50 or 12€?
Thanks a million
Rico

Well - given that a day ticket costs 1.50, the price of a week ticket should probably be lower than 7x1.50, not higher. ;)

It was 12€ for non residents and 6.50 for residents :) now the things look changed... or...?
Thanks again

It's 6.50 for sure

Sorry for causing a confussion. It's of course 6.50€ and not as I wrote before 12€. I was still in the old mode :)

Post removed by user.

per island,.,,,,,tickets bought here cannot be used on gozo

Post removed by user.

GavinGillard wrote:

Thanks for answering my question. Looking to move to Gozo in March.

Don't think they will let you take furniture on the bus best to get  a removal firm.   :whistle:

Post removed by user.

build a bridge with the furniture and walk across then charge a toll

Post removed by user.

I shall be coming to Malta for 2 months soon, can you tell me if you can purchase a bus ticket for a month and if so how much it will cost Thank you Graham

Look here: http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … /bus-fares

Thank you that was most helpful Graham

Hi,

If you go to Google maps for Malta and zoom in to the are that you want you will see the bus stops, click on the bus stop and you will see what number buses go there, click on the bus number and it will give you the times.

Hope this helps

There may be some confusion, using Google, when the new routes come into play, (don't know when that will be but could be in a couple of months time) so just double check is all I'm suggesting.