Happy Birthday MLK!!

Today, 1/15, is Martin Luther King Junior's actual birthday, but the banks will be open and the mail will be delivered.  MLK Day is always celebrated the third Monday in January, so this year 1/20 is the holiday, allowing for a long weekend.  ENJOY!!

Thanks for reminding me. Do you work for USPS? hahaha

usmc_mv wrote:

Not me, all the vets got the jobs, which is fine with me.

mugtech wrote:
usmc_mv wrote:

Not me, all the vets got the jobs, which is fine with me.

You will live a lot longer by not working for them. Every time I turn on the news someone went postal.

usmc_mv wrote:

You will live a lot longer by not working for them. Every time I turn on the news someone went postal.

It is not the job it used to be, getting squeezed with not the level of compensation it used to be.  Going postal is one of many reasons to avoid said employment.

Too bad. Only a federal holiday

Why is his birthday not celebrated on his birthday?

MiaCulpa wrote:

Why is his birthday not celebrated on his birthday?

Because the USA likes 3 day weekends, causes more travel.

Do many people travel on the doctor reverend's birthday?  I know about Thanksgiving but CNN never mentions busy Martin Luther King Day travel.

3 day consecutive days off are much better than 2 days off with someone random day off during the workweek. It is a cultural thing, considering Americans don't receive nearly amount of vacation time as most other European countries. I think France gets 2 months off as the norm but they still want more! I will take my paycheck and 3 day weekends.

MiaCulpa wrote:

Do many people travel on the doctor reverend's birthday?  I know about Thanksgiving but CNN never mentions busy Martin Luther King Day travel.

A lot of Filipinos travel that weekend because the third Sunday of January is the celebration of Santo Nino and only certain churches have a Mass, dance and feast, especially ones from the island of Cebu.  Most other Americans do not plan to travel on potential snow, ice and freezing cold days, would rather stay home and watch playoff football, sleep in the next day.