Things to do after a child is born within KSA
• The hospital provides a letter, which has Baby’s name, Father’s name, Mother’s name along with their iqama nos. (which the hospital registers the newborn in Ministry of Health)
• The hospital will give vaccination card and the schedule.
• collect all these documents as soon as possible.
• First register yourself in MOI website to proceed further.
• After logging in you account in MOI website on the right side click on Civil Affairs Book an appointment check box تسجيل واقعة ميلاد (Registration of birth) and select the location book the appointment with the available time slots.
• Take the below documents to the civil affairs department
1. Hospital letter
2. Form 87 MOI website
3. Original & Photo copy of Parents Iqama
4. Original & Photo copy of Parents Passports
5. 50 Riyal (if more than 30 days from birth) – this can be paid at civil affair office itself. (kindly check again)
• All the birth certificates will be given in the afternoon, after 2 pm the same day.
• After receiving the birth certificate, it should be translated in english for applying passport.
• The document must be translated by certified translator.
• For applying Indian passport ( Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport (BRSP) for Child):
Birth certificate from M/o Health along with its English translation in original
Birth registration application and Certificate of Entry forms (Forms 4.pdf )
New Passport form (Form 1.pdf) duly signed by both parents (Child's thumb impression should be affixed in the “Signature Boxes”)
Father’s/Mother’s passport with their names on each other's passport.
Photocopy of Father’s and Mother’s Passport
Copy of marriage certificate duly attested by Home/GA Department of the State Government concerned if husband’s name is not included in wife’s passport
Three (3) passport size photographs of the child
Affidavit of Parents for Separate Passport in Favour of Minor Child – Form4A.pdf (to be signed by both parents if residing in KSA)
• Affidavit (AFF 2.pdf) signed by one parent if the other parent’s signature cannot be obtained,
• Affidavits (AFF 3A.pdf & AFF 3B.pdf) if one parent is a non-Indian.
(Time required : In normal course, on the 4th working day from the date of submission of application or on date of delivery as printed in the acknowledgement receipt)
All the forms can be downloaded from Indian embassy website
Getting Iqama for the baby born within KSA
• Fill up the iqama issuance form (better goto Jawazat, give SR 10 guy sitting outside, he will fill the form for you)
• Birth certificate original along with photocopy
• Baby’s passport original along with photocopy
• Father’s iqama original along with photocopy
• Mother’s iqama original along with photocopy
• Baby’s Vaccination card
• Important: Your sponspor’s seal or stamp in the two areas in the iqama application form
• First seal or stamp : half on the baby’s photo and half on the application
• Second seal or stamp: at the end of the application form
• Goto the first floor in Jawazat building (near Lulu) modification center once you enter, the counter is on the left side (Adding birth born within Saudi arabia).
• Submit the application & and collect the iqama.