How to resign from existing job???

Good Afternoon!

I have Signed two years of Contract with My company,and i have completed successfully 15 Months and i received a offer letter in new company . I have forwarded resign letter to Hr.....But the Company is saying we will not accept.......Can u please guide me how to proceed...........I have listen that contract may be of two years,but after completion of 1 Year we can change company.....please guide me regarding.........My Friend saying that send Register Post to Hr and Submit the Receipt to LMRA....then at which location is LMRA and how   should i submit the only Receipt is Ok are i need to submit any oter documents.....please help me


Please read the below link, which should give you all the information you need.


Sir thank you for your reply.........My company guys still not acting on my resign letter and just they are saying you will not go...........Then What do u think i should do.........i have forwarded my resign on 1st nov via register post.........Should i need to do something more......please tell me Clear cut

Just inform this thing to your new company and if they are ok then join them and against your existing company talk with Lmra - E-Support

Here is link i hope that will help you how to handle this situation in Bahrain link

Hello, how to inform the LMRA? Os it thru letter or email or go to their office? Thanx


The best way would be to visit the LMRA office.


After 1 year u can change job without the consent of employer.  Just send resignation through registered post with pink card.  Hand over the card to new employer he will submit it with other documents when applying for ur visa transfer

Y pink card

Pink card u will fill n give which will be posted back to ur address after delivery the notice to employer.  U can use it as proof that u sent notice on this date

Hi am Roni here I have to ask you a question regarding lmra rules this is about my case I have been working in Bahrain for the last one year and now I have decided to go back when I spoke with my HR about this he said I will have to pay for the visa charges as my contract was for 2 years can you plz advise if this is correct as  I feel this is wrong

roni, you can call the lmra hotline, and they will give a good solution

Am sorry do u have there contact number

are you a pilipino? you can check there hotline on internet or you can go lmra sehla branch direct and they will give you a good protection

No am a Indian keralite anyways thanks for your help God bless you

They r lying. The got visa fee refund if u do transfer from one job to other. But u may have to pay penalty for breaking the contract

Am more than 7 years in Bahrain in same company . But I want to change my company . Please tall me what I can do ..***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 months ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you dont want to exit Bahrain, you can search for a new job first, once you find a new job out ask your old employer to release you (apply for mobility) and move to the new one.

Good luck


Good morning.. i worked 2 years my last company when my visa finised in 6jan. i take local transfer but  stil they not given my salary so what i should be that company my basic salary 90BD there my all annual leaves pending. So pls. Can u suggests me how much my Totel money in that company..

Your end of service should include unpaid salary, unpaid leave salary and indemnity as per the labor law.  Approach the Ministry of labor and file a complaint to get your rights as per the labor law.

Hi sir i want to know from you that if anyone wants to switch to another company after 1 month is it possible to do so ?

susheel kumaar :

Hi sir i want to know from you that if anyone wants to switch to another company after 1 month is it possible to do so ?

More details needed.  Are you on probation in current job?

Yes sir, there is six months probation period.

You can resign.  Just make sure from your contract that you don't have any clauses that require you to pay anything to the employer.   Agree on the visa transfer with them or ask them to cancel - whichever works for you.  Do everything in writing and get acknowledgement of the same.

There was a clause something like that in emergency if you want to go home before 1 year then will have to pay 500BD .so now main concern is that if I resign then can they terminate me ? or can black list me from the country or what can happen against me if they don't agree.

They can potentially get the 500 BD. They can't blacklist you if you document your resignation and have proof. Better consult ministry of labour before resigning.

Not clear what you are asking.

If you have resigned and they accepted, what is the problem?

What does your contract say about resignation within one year? Ie does it say you have to pay them?

Then you don't.  Involve Ministry of labour and LMRA if there are any problems.

New topic