GP/primary care in Quito

I will be looking soon for an English-speaking doctor to provide primary medical care. I am taking two fairly common medications and brought enough with me to keep me going for another six weeks or so, but at some point will need updated prescriptions.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am in Quito, and would prefer a doctor near me here in Centro Historico, but if I have to go up to La Carolina or elsewhere, that's OK. A good doc is worth an occasional cab ride.

Your friends must have told you that the same brands are not always here in Ecuador and not every pharmacy has what you are looking for.  Believe it or not my pharmacy gets what I take in stock for when I order and they email me in advance to tell me when to order.  Then they give me a 20% discount but I order 2 months in advance.  Now I have a English Speaking doctor that many recommend in Gringo Tree.  I don't agree with a lot of recommendations in Gringo Tree but this one I do Dr Anthony Guillen he is super but he is in Cuenca Ecuador but maybe he would know someone you could contact in your area here is his email.
I argue with him about who to go to what prescriptions what hospitals but we always end up on the same page. [email protected] it takes him a day or two some times to respond.  Hope he can help he is known in this area as the Gringo Dr.  He treats above his fathers family pharmacy and he has a little lab he is reasonable. hope I have helped wrong area but maybe later or he knows someone in your area.

Thanks for responding -- I don't worry too much about brand names on pharmaceuticals. Generics are fine and I have little doubt my medications, or suitable substitutes, are available here. My most important medication is Lipitor, which is available in brand and generic form just about everywhere in the world.

Thanks also for the GP recommendation -- I may follow up, but I think I may have found someone here in Quito.

Bob