Tennis

Hi!

My son is really serious about tennis.  He is playing at national level in NZ for Junior, he is now 15.

Do you know if it is possible to get good coaching and squad in Doha?

I know there is some politics going on in QTF, but can expat's kids join them?

And do you know any good and serious coach who can coach expat's kids?

Thanks very much

Hi Islandprincess,

QTF Website wrote:

The Qatar Tennis Federation opened its Tennis School five years ago. Renowned coaches from all over the world impart technical programs that provide students the most advance and professional tennis skills.
General Information :
- If you wish to enroll in the tennis school you need to submit an official registration form along with 2 passport size photographs. The registration form can be obtained at the school office at the Khalifa International Tennis & Squash Complex.
- The monthly fee per child is QR's 400.00. Payment must be made in advance before the 29th of each month.
- Payments are to be made at the school office. Delaying of payment after the mentioned deadline could result in the non availability of place for the following month.
- Children applying for the first time have to be assessed to decide which group they will join according to the level and age.
- The Tennis School accepts children from 5 to 15 years old and each group is comprised by 6 players.
- Players above 15 years old can join private groups and each group comprises 3 players.
- Players will be divided into 2 groups, each group trains 3 times a week, each time one hour :
               – Group (A) Saturday, Monday and Wednesday
               – Group (B) Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Parents will be responsible for any damage to the complex's property caused by their children.

(Cf. QTF)

So I think it's possible but no more than 3 times one hour by week, which is no sufficient for high profile player (I guess)

Good luck

Thanks very much!  This sounds like for all the kids....

But I have heard that those QTF coaches are only available for Qatari kids.  There are some squad but high performance group is only for Qatari?? 

If so, then I am wondering where other good foreign tennis kids are practicing?!!

You are welcome,

Maybe they make confusion with The national team, which obviously should be 100% national.

I found something else LUSAIL SPORTS ACADEMY it's seems interesting.

Good luck ;)

Thanks!  Will look at that as well!

:)