I have got a Offer Letter

I have got a offer Letter from a company which is in Riyadh, & they say they have applied for my block Visa, how much day does it take to get the block visa.

Typically there are 2 types of visa typically here for working :-

1. Work Visa - This leads to 'Iqama' which is the residency permit, required to open bank account , rent house and all other official stuff...

2. Business Visa - This is a limited 3 month visa , and you need to exit and come back with renewed one after the expiry..

And it is illegal to work on the business visa, as it is NOT for working.  However, companies use it for that purpose, and the government has turned a blind eye to it so far.  I have heard they have been cracking down on that phenomenon recently, though.

Trapezius wrote:

And it is illegal to work on the business visa, as it is NOT for working.  However, companies use it for that purpose, and the government has turned a blind eye to it so far.  I have heard they have been cracking down on that phenomenon recently, though.

Our compound store and snack bar closed due to this crackdown. Still closed from what I hear. La Palma in Qassim is the name of the compound.  Also, many of the workers were sent home or we think they were sent home due their visas being Business visas.

farookengg wrote:

I have got a offer Letter from a company which is in Riyadh, & they say they have applied for my block Visa, how much day does it take to get the block visa.

A block Visa is typically a group visa's being applied by a company from the government (Saudi Arabia).. It may be 10 - 15 or even more.. & once the company gets these visa's.. they send it to an agent in the designated country..

They then ask you to approach the agent and he then endorses the visa according to the categories available..

Now.. It is the relationship of your company at the Government office for getting these visa's.. Since you've already received the offer letter, Sit & relax..  ;) .. Contact your company every 15 day's to get an update..

All the Best ..  :cheers:

Thanks freind for your valuable comments....

Could someone kindly advise what the waiting period is between signing the initial contract and receiving the required letters from the relevant saudi ministries? I have signed for a position as an ESL instructor 2 months ago.