Hopefully becoming an expat - First steps

Hi there! I'm a 26 years old guy from Germany and I'm within the final stage of my job training as a business assistant for languages and correspondence. My English is on a C2 level, my Spanish is between A2 - B1 and of course I'm a native German speaker. My finals are scheduled in May '14 and I hope to get the chance to move to Ireland in the late summer or early autumn this year. In Germany there's not much left to stay for and I could really use a change of scene. I'm looking for a solid job and want to slow down my way of life due to some minor health reasons. I am quite exhausted by Germany's stressful way of life. It is my intuition to gather as much helpful information about living and working in Ireland as a foreigner as possible. I am thankful for every hint about moving abroad, working and living in Ireland and some good advice from people who have already traveled this road. Have a good time. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

abroad_adventurer

Hi abroad_adventurer,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Abroad Adventurer,

Your plans for the coming year sound very exciting and I hope everything goes well for you.
Make IT in Ireland and Make IT in Cork are websites that provide information about jobs in the technology sector but there are also some useful links to guides in English and German to Dublin or Cork and information about general things like getting a PPS number when you get here or information about accommodation. Might be worth a look - you can find them at www.makeitincork.com and www.makeitinireland.com

Hope that helps you a little in your information quest!

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try to help any way I can.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Irland,
Siobhán

Hi! IŽm an Environmental Engineer and Safety and Health Certified Professional. Currently IŽm seeking new job opportunities in Ireland. In March IŽll travel to Cork and stay with a friend for a couple of weeks so I can attend some job interviews and search for more. I really aim to go and IŽll do everything possible to reach my goal.  I would really appreciate and be thankful for any advice or hint from who have already been through this experience.

Thank you very much!