Maybe coming to ivory Coast

I might be starting into a business deal with someone I know in ivory Coast, but am not sure about the conditions over there and the stability of the country.

To be honest, i'm not very impressed by the comments on this forum, and the advice is quite poor. So if anyone can make an effort to summarise living there with the pros and cons, cost of living renting, gated communities, so on, it would be reassuring

Andy

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Andy!

Maybe you could tell a bit more about the type of business you are looking into.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

The country has potential; but you have to be careful and do your homework for the type of business you are going into and study your business partners.... The cost of living... it's not cheap and you have to budget at least 600 to 800$ for a home in a decent gated community. Food... I spend almost the same here than in the U.S. for me and my family...  (sometime more).
Be careful but definitely this country is worth it.

Hi Grace33.

Thank you for your reply and good advice; it is refreshing to know there are people will to communicate and not just try pry into what we are going to be doing out there.

Can I ask if the expat community is one that is friendly and welcoming. How have you found making friends and Acquaintances

Regards
Andy

You're welcome Andy!

I am kind of a loner but found that people here are welcoming, warm and open. A lot of diversity and places where you have the opportunity to mingle (mainly in zone 4).If you decide to come you will quickly learned about those places.

Take care and good luck.