Looking for Room for Rent and TaeKwonDo Practice in D4 or D7

I'm a 23 year old American girl returning to HCMC in late February. I'm looking for a place to stay in district 4 or 7 or somewhere close to that area starting ~ Feb 25th. A room in an expat house/ flat or with a Vietnamese family would be fine. I speak intermediate level Vietnamese and am an English Teacher. A furnished place is preferred and I'd want to rent month to month for maybe 3-4 months. Please Pm me if you know of a available place.

I'm also looking for a Taekwondo class/ club (WTF Olympic Style). I am already part of both a Vovinam class and an MMA class but my true love has always been Taekwondo. I am an advanced level practitioner and am looking for somewhere to train in HCMC. English speaking instructors are not necessary. Please let me know if you are familiar with any Taekwondo studios in D4 or D7!

I'm in the same boat as you, coming mid february, looking for shared flat in D 1, 4 or 7..., I'll let you know if I find flatmates recruiting.

hi knTrinh . i know in my apartment have a lot of unit for rent few months . can u call for my friend she will let u know . 0918627939 ms Phung . we r live in D4

Check it out for options:
facebook.com/saigonapartmenthcm?ref=hl

or I will introduce you 1, 2 friends of mine to share.

@ Tib: That'd sounds great! Given the choice, I'd definitely want to live with a bunch of other exppats- that sounds like more fun :] I'll keep you in mind too if I run into adds with multiple rooms! Did you have a budget in mind?

@ Kate: Perfect.  Can I get your friend Phung's email address? Emailing will be easier for me than calling right now. If you have her email address please PM me. Thanks!

@ Born2share: Thank you for the link- It looks like it has nice options. I'd love to be put in contact with your friends that could share more. Please PM me their email addresses. Thanks!

Hey, obviously the cheaper the better, but I have been looking for something between 150-250

Here's the WTF Taekando instructors details, i cam attest he is very good. Check him out...

facebook.com/kick4fit

Sure . [email protected] . Just tell them u need looking for room .

@ Ashard: Thank you for the link! The instructor and his programs look amazing, but unfortunately he practices/teaches ITF Taekwondo and not WTF Taekwondo :[ The difference is quite significant and I have my heart set on finding a WTF class. Thank you so much for linking me though! I contacted him and am hoping that he knows of some WTF establishments in the city.

@Tib: Haha sounds good to me! I'm starting to think we've started our search too early....most people posting housing ads are looking for people to move in ASAP....

Oops correct, i apologize! you're correct he is ITF.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

@ Ashard: No problem! Your post was helpful in a different way so in the end you still have my thanks :]

@nhung: I PMed you my email address. Thanks for helping me out!

Yea I think you're right, although it turns I'll be landing in earlier now, on feb 8th so I should still start looking.

kntrinh wrote:

I'm a 23 year old American girl returning to HCMC in late February. I'm looking for a place to stay in district 4 or 7 or somewhere close to that area starting ~ Feb 25th. A room in an expat house/ flat or with a Vietnamese family would be fine. I speak intermediate level Vietnamese and am an English Teacher. A furnished place is preferred and I'd want to rent month to month for maybe 3-4 months. Please Pm me if you know of a available place.

Hi kntrinh. My name is Phuong. I know a very good place that could be matched your and tib tib's conditions. It is just 300 - 400usd/month, brand new building. The rent is included serviced charges (24-hours securiy, facilities and interior in the apartment, Room cleaning – twice a week, Cable tivi, Water, Wifi internet, Motobike keeping and 1 washing machine for each room). I can send you some pics via email. Don't worry about the move-in date, you can book the apt right now, but need to send the landlord a holding deposit. It will keep your apt vacant until feb or mar. No problem.

My friend is living there for few months and everything is good so far. He is an American Ph.D in Education. It will be great if you can meet him I think.

kntrinh wrote:

I'm also looking for a Taekwondo class/ club (WTF Olympic Style). I am already part of both a Vovinam class and an MMA class but my true love has always been Taekwondo. I am an advanced level practitioner and am looking for somewhere to train in HCMC. English speaking instructors are not necessary. Please let me know if you are familiar with any Taekwondo studios in D4 or D7!

I've studied Taekwondo few years ago and hold a first-degree black belt. I don't practice for a long time and just feel so excited when you ask. :) I will ask my friends if they know somewhere good to train in HCMC. Good luck to you ;-)

Phuong

Hi kntrinh,

I would suggest you having a look at the HCMC housing section and even try posting an advert as well.
As for TaeKwonDo courses the HCMC classifieds section might help ;)

Best of luck
Armand
Expat.com Team

Closed