Submitted EOI

Kia-ora! :) I submitted my EOI on monday and together we have 125 points and I am a secondary school teacher (absolute skills shortage) and have 20 points for work experience, currently without a job offer. I was wondering when EOI are taken 'out of the pool' Do the ones that were there before you go up the list or is it like a lucky dip. I'd just like clarification on how the process works.
Cheers :)

We were told that those on the skilled shortage list were always given top priority.  Our EOI was chosen in the first 'dip'. 

But even after that it took over a year to get through the system for permanency.

Thanks for your help :)

Why no job offer? If you're in profession that's considered to be an "absolute skills shortage" surely schools must be falling over themselves to offer you a job?

Take some good advice and be careful, don't up sticks and leave for NZ until you have a firm job offer.

There's nothing worse than being unemployed in NZ and living off rapidly dwindling savings.

Oh I've had an interview and have a recruitment agency working on my behalf. I will not be going without a job offer, l just wanted to get my EOI in the pool until one comes up. Plan to leave early Jan :)
Yes Secondary Technology teacher are in demand, just not posting vacancies for the start of Term 1 yet! :)

Sue

If its just you and a partner, then you could always arrive on a work permit then apply for residency from here (if you decide to stay). Many of my colleagues on the skilled shorlist have done just that.  My son (unskilled) came over without anything, got a job then applied for a work permit. None of us used recruitment agencies, including my hubby and myself, both on the skilled shortage list too.

But as Pandora said, use the time wisely to check out every website. 
In terms of job security, many people here are currently worried about losing their jobs in the forthcoming government cut backs.  No redundancy and no unemployment benefit either if the worst does happen.  In our case it did.

You sound as if you are determined to emigrate and if so I genuinely hope NZ proves to be everything you are looking for.  Just remember to leave the rose tinted glasses in the UK.

That is great advice, yes it will be myself and my partner. I will try and apply for Residancy before going over but if a job offer comes first then I will apply for a work permit. I have travelled before and spent 18 months in Australia, Switzerland and New Zealand. I feel in love with the place... I came home trained to be a teacher and got enough experience now to be able to teach abroad. We will definately leave the rose tinted glasses at home, can't wait to leave the UK. On to a better lifestyle! In a beautiful country :)

Please don't assume that because you're granted a work visa on the strength of your validated teaching qualifications that it means that NZ schools will recognise those qualifications too.

Do not, under any circumstance, leave for NZ until you have a firm job offer and a signed contract with a definite salary.

Google teacher can't find work zealand and you'll understand why.

Good Morning,UPDATE!! our EOI has been selected and is now undergoing preliminary assessment,doesanyone know what they assessment consists of. Just curious, guessing they are checking the pointswe have claimed.
Cheers,

Sue

Well done Sue, yes that's exactly what they're doing.

Have you let your recruitment agency know you've been selected from the pool?

Good luck :)

Hello Pandoral, yes I have just emailed him to update :) So exciting!
Sue

Hi there

I was wondering if I could get some advice, I am a secondary school teacher and would like to know if I must be a registered with the teacher council before I submit my EOI.

Thanks
Shirley