As my first e-mail noted I was considering living up in the Central Mountains when we decide to move to PR. Now, after talking with various people about life in the mountains I am beginning to wonder if there might be other places for us to consider.
1. I had thought of the mountains because they would be cooler in the summer, and possibly less troubled by hurricanes. Probably wrong on the last one:/
2. Had wanted to learn more about the native Puerto Ricans, advised that it might take a while or that maybe I might never make any inroads in to friendships up there by simply being a Gringo.
3. Have been looking more at the maps of Central and Western Puerto Rico and now am wondering about different options.
* I don't want to live in a gated community where I am cut off from the chance to meet and interact with the native Puerto Ricans.
* I don't really want to live at sea level due to the heat and humidity and again, also the hurricanes!
* I'm wondering about towns somewhere inbetween the high mountains and the shoreline.