Can anyone here help me with (Berlinisch) translation with a Berliner?

I  have a new email friend in Berlin...a sweet young woman I met while she was here in Austin, Texas. She now has gone back to Berlin. We want to stay in contact by emails. But her English is poor, and my German (especially Berlinisch) is "nonexistent".

Online German translators I've found are for other dialects of German than spoken in Berlin. It would help us both, if a kind expat in Berlin would help us, Please?

Anyone?

to be honest i don't think that expats living in berlin can help you with the dialect in berlin. it is very difficult. and i think even more diffucult to write. actually i think there is no way to write berlin dialect.

so you should improve you proper german (they call it high german) and she should improve her english. chatting is a first step to do this.

I grew up with the Berliner Dialect and still experience a wonderful rush of joy and sense of belonging whenever I find some Berliner Jequatsche in either a German Newspaper or somewhere on the Net.   

Ick muss mal wieder nach Hause jehn...

but I don't think that to talk to a Berliner you need to know Berlinisch ... Deutsch is enough :)

but where is the fun in that :-)

Ach nee, noch eener aus Berlin. Mensch von wo denn? Habe mal in  Steglitz und Fridenau  jewohnt,  Schöneberg kenne ick och und habe mal in Zehlendorf und Charlottenburg jearbeitet. Bin aber in Pankow geb. und natürlich mit Spreewasser jetauft. Tschüß

Hi Annemarie!

As you are on the anglophone forum please post in English so that others can understand and participate!

Thanks
Armand

Sorry. It's rather difficult to post a Berliner dialect in English, actually it's impossible. But I do see your point. I simply mentioned, in my previous post, the places I lived and worked including my birth place, hoping to induce another Berliner to come out and "talk to me". Enjoy each day..... before this planet X is aiming to spoil our futures.

Hi there,

I know I am late to this, but I used a translator in Swansea called Veritas when I needed some translation done.

Just incase it is useful!

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Please note that this topic is from 2010.

I suggest you to recommend this service in the Berlin business directory, this can be helpful. :)

Thank you,

David.