Help if you can?

We are adopting a little girl from Xiamen and will be traveling there this June.  We were wondering if you guys can share some tips for places to eat or things to do/see while we are there?  We were also wondering if anyone volunteers or knows of someone who volunteers at the Xiamen City Children's Welfare Institute? We are curious to learn more about where our daughter has been living. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

Blessings!

Hi Stephen

I am from Indonesia and I have no tips to advise you.  However, I would like to say how kind you are to adopt a little girl as your own daughter.

Myself have two kids, girl and boy.  I love my kids so much.  I think your little girl is so lucky to have you as her parents.  In my country there are so many not lucky children neglecting by their parents. Mostly because of economic factor.  Even myself can't understand this reason.

Once again it is a nice to know someone care like yourself.  Good luck with your trip and give my love to your daughter and also a kiss from my two kids.  Good Bless You.

Regards
Desy

Thank so much for your kinds words.  We are very excited to add her to our family.  I have 2 children already and they are eager to meet and love on their little sister.

Blessings,
Ashley

xiamenegret wrote:

Hi,
i am a native resident in xiamen. Maybe you can try the welfare house in xiamen.

What is this?

Hi Ashley,
I'm so happy for you! Adding to your family is wonderful...If you have already arrived...Welcome to Xiamen!

I'm from Toronto and I can speak some Mandarin...enough to get around Xiamen.  The conceirge at your hotel may be able to help with your request.  Last time I asked the PanPacific Hotel staff to locate the Xiamen orphanage for me and they were very helpful...

If you are bringing the kids, you can go to the beach and go for a bike ride (rent the bikes for 2-3 or 4 people), soak in some sun or throw the frisbee around.  Then go the scenic university campas or light some incense at the Nanputo temple (for good luck)just next door...
For leisure and some R&R, walk around the 'Gulf Park' in the early afternoon and enjoy the sun set and lights at the park while muching on some food at Havana 2 or JJ's at Gulf park (bring mosquito spray!!!).
Some of the hotels also have very good food and english speaking staff so it's a good place to start your adventure on the 1st night... 
Hope this helps you get more familiar with the great little city and if you have more questions, feel free to write an email to my hotmail acct.  or check out whatsonxiamen.com.

Yang and kids