Looking for u.s. or english speaking entrepreneurs in argentina

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to argentina this year.  From what I have read so far, if you dont speak  spanish, your job options are limited to teaching english or working at a call center - both low paying options.  Therefore it seems necessary to create your own opportunity/job.  How can I connect with americans who are running businesses (cafes, bars, online businesses, etc) in Argentina?

Also I am also trying to get a sense of some cultural trends in Argentina.  As i think about possible businesses to start there it is helpful to know about trends in the country.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

rene

HI THERE!  As an Argentinian I must advice you that most jobs (now matter what exactly) are paying arround 2000 pesos, considering the cost of living here, you should be thinking of getting two part times jobs as most of us ( including myslef) does or you can also look onto the job area here in expat or in google, sometimes you can get to know intersting people that might help you. regarding your own busines , Argentinians are fond of: new stuff, anything that can make life easier and its not too expensive and of course is part of the "green movement" as in all the owrld ( you can see lots of Buddhas, zen and natural stuff)... maybe that can help you create some nice business.
i will also want to invite you to visit web sites for temporary rent, as you will have to llok for accomodation too

You'll find experiences of foreigners owning a business in Argentina in BAexpats.org.

If you want information about legal, tax and labor aspects, send me a message and I'll send you information by email.