Classical Music Circle

Hello everybody! I would like to form a Classical Music Circle (CMC) in Kuwait. The purpose of this circle is for classical music enthusiasts to meet and exchange ideas, discuss interesting topics and share knowledge and experiences in the classical music arena.

We can agree later on schedules and activities, but first let's just get to know each other ... looking forward to your replies :)

way to take initiative JFU!

question, what is a CMC? can you give a more indepth idea :D?

CMC is the abbreviation I came up with for my idea "Classical Music Circle". CMC is like a book club, but instead of books, we talk classical music.

I imagine it going in this way:
- We (the circle members) vote for a topic to discuss in classical music (a work of Chopin, music theory ... etc.)
- We agree on a place to meet up at (could be public or private)
- We provide devices needed for the session (Stereo, Laptop, CD's and the like)
- We starting exploring each others concepts and perspectives of the topic

Any more ideas are more than welcome.

i especially love the works of Korsakov, specifically sheherazade.

i would suggest posting it in EEK magazine but they seem to be on an extended hiatus :S

Korsakov ... a master, or as they Russians used to call him, one of the mighty handful.

Yesterday I attended a concert of piano (Bartek Rybak, who actually works in Kuwait). He performed tremendously and showed off with the Chopin's 3rd Piano sonata ... In the last movement of the sonata he seemed like George Clooney and Mark Whalberg in Perfect Storm.

Sadly, I didn't know anyone in the concert to at least say a few things about the performance, except for one lady whom I know I went to college with but weren't friends then. The search goes on.

Really? No one's interested? ... C'mon people :(

JFU its the weekend man :D now people are back and responses will flow..

so 1) where was this 2) how come you didn't tell us 3) when is the next one?

Where was this?
In Maidan Cultural Center here

How come I didn't tell you?
I was told about it 15 minutes before the concert. Barely made it there myself.

When is the next one?
Here is link for the whole season's activities: Current season

I hope by this I will have redeemed myself :P

Hi Not yet in Q* but waiting for papers - both my husband and I would be interested in this especially as my husband is very keen. Will recontact when we get there in  the summer.

@Yorkshirecouple looking forward to see you guys here and get the circle rolling :)

Join us today at Al-Maidan Cultural Center to enjoy an evening with the piano and the Greek Pianist Janis Vakarelis.

It starts at 7:00 PM (better be there earlier to find a good seat). See you there ;)

I have created a page on both facebook and twitter to keep up with interesting events in Kuwait. Please like and support the O (that's not the letter Oh .. it's the circle :P )

Follow us on [facebook.com/Q8CMC and twitter.com/Q8CMC

Have a good time, y'all!

Join us for Handel's Acis & Galatea in Al-Maidan Cultural Center. It's gonna be on Wednesday Feb. 19 2014.

You can join the even on Facebook on facebook.com/events/1460104950884571/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Concerts?? Here in Kuwait??? Why did you not inform us? I'd like to discuss CMC and improve it as well. Im in

Dear @Sameh ... I have just joined the blog a couple of months ago and if you notice i have already posted about the events last month and I will keep doing so. There is a relatively big community of music lovers in Kuwait attending the activities. Follow our Facebook page and twitter (it's still new but it will get better).

Now, since you know our page, you are most welcome to join and invite others .... see you when you get there :)

Dear JFU,

Please let me know the name of your pages in both FB and twitter.

Thanks  :)

Please follow us on facebook.com/Q8CMC and twitter.com/Q8CMC

Join us tomorrow at Al-Maidan Cultural Center (Location) to enjoy an evening with a piano and four flutes. Faisal Al-Bohairi (a young composer living in Kuwait) will be at the piano.

It starts at 7:00 PM (better be there earlier to find a good seat). See you there.

Join us this evening at Al-Maidan Cultural Center (Location) to enjoy an evening "organised" by the British Embassy.
The event will feature a violinist and a pianist for the pleasure of our ears.

It starts at 7:00 PM (better be there earlier to find a good seat). See you there.

Join us this evening at the Americani Cultural Center (Location) to enjoy an evening of summertime classics. Vivaldi, Rachmaninoff and others will be featured.

The performers will be musicians who live in Kuwait who have previously organized/directed very successful concerts before, namely the brilliant Richard Bushman and members of the Ahmadi Music Group.

It starts at 7:00 PM (better be there by 6:30 PM to find a good seat). See you there.