Pune Expats & Locals

Hello. I am going to be relocating to Pune with family in March 2014 and would love to hear from both locals and expats on what life is like in Pune.
I currently reside in cold and miserable England so quite looking forward to some better weather for sure.
Ciao for now

Hi Zedino72,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post is now on the Pune forum for better visibility.

Do you have any specific questions concerning life in Pune?

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi, Hasna,
England is definately cold and boring. I can say this because i live in Leicester, England.
Moving to Pune is very good choice .
Again how good it is to live in Pune depends on area you live in. I love Koregaon Park area. But more expensive though.
I can assure you you will love Pune. I really do miss my birth place Pune where i grew up and got educated.
Fortunately i visiting Pune soon to see my mum.
Wish you have a best time there

Just moved here from even colder Massachusetts, USA. Right now the weather is AWESOME!!! It will be a tough move, but an unforgettable one. Do it. I'm here with my husband until we get immigration settled in USA. At the same time we are looking for other places to move to. He is in IT world, so I am hoping, and very much open to moving ANYWHERE!! If you have pets and plan to bring them, better get a pet transporter. It seems easy to do it on your own, but trust me, it is anything but easy.
What are the ages of your children?
Anyway, I'm here, will be here for a while....
Melissa

Yeah I am welcoming you to Pune, I am from here a local.
Currently whether is awesome and cool because monsoon is coming in few days. (actually already started)
I hope here you can get out from your boring life one you was having in London.

Cheers..!!