Disappointing Internet Service

I would like to share my experience with Datec Direct Internet Access Plans. I got the unlimited, 600kina/month plan. Its only been roughly 1 month and the internet service is quite horrible. Internet connections would go down frequently, and almost every weekend and holiday. It makes the bad internet services back at home look very very good.

Of course I understand that my plan is 10:1 contention with no CIR, but heck, no CIR is different from no actual connection at all right?

I'm thinking of demanding a refund now. I'd rather spend 600 kina/month on Digicel mobile broadband with speeds of up to 1-2 mbps, not datec with speeds of 1-2 KBPS.

-Filipino Expat.

Good luck with getting a refund from Datatec. :D

I suggest Telikom if you want the fastest, or Daltron if you want cheaper unlimited internet that's reasonably reliable (by PNG standards) - I pay 200PGK (it would only be 100 if I signed up for a 2-year plan) per month for 500MB fast internet followed by unlimited slow internet (but fast enough for voice Skype).
-boris

Welcome to PNG...I've used all those solutions in one form or the other, and overall the word "disappointing" would be apposite to all of them...