*READ* - Moderator Assistance with Jobs/Sponsorship Not Possible

It is unfortunate I have to say this as it certainly does not apply to a majority of members on this forum but I am becoming inundated with messages in not only English, but now French asking me for advice on how to find a job, or in some cases if I can hire, sponsor or otherwise hold their hand for them.

:o

Folks, I am not able to sponsor you, and I will not sponsor you under any circumstance no matter how dire the circumstance, as I find it unethical and reckless. There is a proper way to accomplish your goals and soliciting members for this is not appropriate and not allowed on this site. In addition in some cases it is illegal.

;)

Secondly, I am not an employment agency I actually work for someone else, and therefor don't do much hiring.

:D

Thirdly, if you read the thread below, it gives you clear and detailed tips on how to find a job and sponsor in the United States. Please take a look before posting to the forum AND/OR sending me a private message.

Finding a Job/Sponsorship - https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=313638:top:

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I want to allow equal time to help others and unfortunately sifting through repetitive posts makes me lose track of messages and break my commitment to help others with more specific/personal questions.

:cool:

Thanks!

Matt-

Why do people assume that you can give them a job?  I realise that many members of this site are looking for work but do they assume that this is a recruitment site?

Some people are so desperate, they see hope in every single "opportunity"  ... but they should think a bit and read what's written in our profiles. They'll realize we're normal guys, and they will have to make efforts by themselves.

Anyway, Matt, welcome to the club ;) you can't imagine how many contact requests and PMs I receive everyday. Most of the time I redirect people to the forum, when the PM is not too irrelevant

MiaCulpa wrote:

Why do people assume that you can give them a job?  I realise that many members of this site are looking for work but do they assume that this is a recruitment site?

Unfortunately yes. I have been asked to issue visas, look the other way, find a job, employ others, pay for medical treatment - the list is endless. Keep in mind this accounts for 1% of users, therefor the majority of members are not like this.

Look the other way?  As in, "I am coming to the United States on a fraudulent visa.  Would you be so good as to not notice?"  I would think it easier to simply not announce on a website that one has the fraudulent visa.

MiaCulpa wrote:

Look the other way?  As in, "I am coming to the United States on a fraudulent visa.  Would you be so good as to not notice?"  I would think it easier to simply not announce on a website that one has the fraudulent visa.

Yes, because of my job. I prefer not to know about anyones fraudulent or illegal status as I am a mandated reporter due to my work. Instead of getting a fraudulent visa, maybe he/she should try the legit way to get one. The process is only complicated if you make it complicated.

I am obviously missing part of the equation.  Regardless of whatever your job is, why would anybody come to a website such as this and announce that they are planning to circumvent the immigration process, and then ask you to pay no attention to their announcement?  I do not understand.

MiaCulpa wrote:

I am obviously missing part of the equation.  Regardless of whatever your job is, why would anybody come to a website such as this and announce that they are planning to circumvent the immigration process, and then ask you to pay no attention to their announcement?  I do not understand.

If you haven't noticed, there are some people that clearly are not playing with a full deck. Maybe because they are using Google Translator or there English is poor. But, regardless, your guess is as good as mine. My aim is not to understand but to notify those that try to do this.

MiaCulpa wrote:

They all are not dumb enough to ask for such help outright, then there are those who do not know the legalities of begging for a sponsor.  Others say they want to come, but do not let on that they are willing to do anything to get here until you speak to them in PM.  Mostly they have a "What have I got to lose by posting on a forum?" attitude.