Playa Lagarto Eco Developement

I have bought. i'm villa 58 lol, who are you?
i am in touch with people living on site.

I own lot 78. I haven't started building yet. Just visited a site and meet neighbors.
I created the group in Facebook in order to share photo and info. There are more than 30 members in the group

Hey sleeperwagon,
Went by your villa today...........got some pictures for you........as soon as they are downloaded, I will send them by messenger !

Just so you know, more houses are being built as we speak.

Oh wow that's awesome thank you so much

Mr Tallest, I sent you some pictures of your villa on facebook......

Hi Bentley 123,
I have contact for Sean Brady.  My email is ***  I was just there a couple weeks ago.  I can give you more info.  Cheers, Chad

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Amy,

I have contact info. for Sean.  I bought a lot back in 2006.  I was just there in January.  My contact info, ***, ***  I look forward to talking.  Cheers, Chad

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.

Hi MrTallest, we are neighbors

Hello My Name is Jeff

We purchased land with ReCap Investments in 2013.
I do not feel like it was any kind of scam like others posts have suggested.
I went and saw the land before we purchased. Back then it was just land on the side of a hill near the ocean.
We also went and saw it in 2016.
The development had progressed a lot since we purchased.
If anyone is thinking about buying we would look at selling our lot.
Why are we selling?
The wife changed her mind we purchased a condo in Hawaii instead.
I have attached pictures from our visit in 2016.
It is not a picture of the exact land just of some of the development.
I have pictures of the lot. We were there in the dry season as you can tell from the trees.

We would sell for less than what Recap is currently selling.

http://www.envirotank.com/images/IMG_4731.JPG

I would like to join your face book group we purchased a lot.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Advertising is not allowed.

Hola Cheryl,

Posting ads is not allowed in this area.  Please feel free to post a free ad in the "HOUSING" section above.

Thanks,
Dave
Expat.com Team Member

yes everyone in the Lagarto developments must get this , me too the last lot in phase whatever,  i=I,m in canada but do know the area very well been for last 3 years,  I just want to talk to someone that lives there in the expact com.   I,m use to living in Tamarindo at a condo across from the beach. and very close to town.  I think I will get someone down there right now to go and look for me instead of flying down.  I have a things in storage there and just bought a gas scooter that is in storage,  hoping I can drive this to and from anywhere from the development.  lets see.  The people I,m dealing with in Toronto say they have been there but they sure don't know alot about the towns or area or can they answer my questions properly.

I know a lot about the area as I have lived close for 12 years. Nothing about the development but I can probably tell you whatever you need to know about the area

I.m looking more as to the Lagarde development and what do people think that live there or have bought there.

Hi Chad,

Just saw the posts on Mr. Bradys development in Playa Lagarto
Not to be confused with eco development project
I am curious if that project is progressing along.
You mentioned your recent visit in early 2017.

Thanks for any updates.

Hi Roy are you happy with everything so far. I'm looking to come out and see a lot F8 or F3 this May/June 2018. Are you living there full time? ANY WORDS OF WISDOM BEFORE I WASTE MY TIME.

Hi,
could you get in contact with me my skype I.D is martypoland

Thanks,
Marty

You had better, and mark my word better, get an attorney to walk you through this process. When it's over, it's all over but the crying. Good luck!

Hello.
I just read about your experience with recap.
I have terrible problems with them too.
I would appreciate conneting with you.
Thank you
Tom
Digicel0815 at gmail dot com.
Thank you

Hello.
My name is Tom
I have terrible problems with Recap.
David and Roni both misled me on so many tbings.Do not provide any documentation.
Would appreciate to connect with you.
Thanks.
Tom

Hello there,

My husband and I are owners at the Playa Lagarto Eco Development. Are you an owner at PLED or one of the other developments? 

Please let us know which development you are in as we may be able to share information.

Talk to you soon.

McGinn, did you ever build your house and do you now live there now?

Yes, we did finally get our home built.

It took forever, but we love the house and love CR. I can tell you though that we absolutely hated the process.

We are not yet living in CR. Our midlife crisis (buying property in a foreign country) from 5 and a half years ago took so long to materialize that our dream of living full time at the house has faded a bit.

At the moment we are visiting a few times a year and are happy to finally be enjoying the house and the beautiful country.

The Pura Vida dream is still on the horizon 🌴🌺☀️🌸🦎

Hi.
I like to get in touch with other buyers of recap investment product to exchange experience with this  company.
Thx.
Tom

Hi,

I am SaggaBoy and I bought from Recap. A lot at PLAYA LAGARTO.

So far I have not had any problems with them.

I have made one trip to CR and was shown what is suppose to be my lot.

I have not attempted any building as yet but plan to do so in 2020.

Regards,
S B

Saggaboy wrote:

Hi,

I am SaggaBoy and I bought from Recap. A lot at PLAYA LAGARTO.

So far I have not had any problems with them.

I have made one trip to CR and was shown what is suppose to be my lot.

I have not attempted any building as yet but plan to do so in 2020.

Regards,
S B

This comment I am making is not about Playa Lagarto but rather, a general comment:

Buying a lot is not generally a problem. They take your money and that's it. Done deal, as long as you had your OWN attorney check the registro to make sure the lot is titled correctly, has no liens, taxes are paid, and he checks that you will have physical access to it, the right to build on it (uso de suelo) and access to electric and water.

The problems sometimes come when you have paid someone to build your home.

Sometimes it doesn't get built with good quality or doesn't get built on time, or at all. This is what you have to watch out for.

Good luck!

Hi
Does anyone have any information about the palaya Lagarto eco development project?  People were asking awhile back but no recent news.  Can someone update me about the progress here please.  Thank you

I have a tico friend here that has done some work there. He said that homes aren't being built anymore but the people that are there are really happy. Evidently it is going well. Take that with a grain of salt though, I was told a lot of positive things about the development I'm in and so far it's disappointment upon disappointment on top of frustration. Go check it out yourself. The area is awesome though, and The beaches!

Dear Mrs. McGinn,
and All Playa Lagarto Eco Development residents.

We viewed lots very close to ocean and main road a few years ago
and if i remember correctly the roadway leading to
PLED passed thru these lower area se vende lots.
Questions are :) are these closer to the ocean lots
part of the PLED project ?
and is the PLED and Recap Development
part of the same community?

Thank you for any replies

There are of course some developments that are very good and have honest people running them.

But unfortunately there are also quite a few that are run by Crooks. So whenever buying in a development , do a lot of research and talk to many people around the area and people who live there and check online for information that may be negative.

Above all get your own attorney who has absolutely nothing to do with the development or the people running it, and never use the developments attorney for buying your property.

Hello All;

I am planning to buy an estate lot in phase 7 in Playa Lagarto.Any update? any advice?

Hi Sultan320,

Wondering if you purchased lot in Costa Rica mentioned in February 2021 post?
We are considering and would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Hey they told me mine was the last lot wich number did you buy 56A??

I have a lot with ocean view developed with 1600 sqft casa pool gardens etc. I would consider selling if you are interested.

Hello,

We are considering building a villa in Playa Lagarto, with Recap Investments in Phase 2.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I was wondering if I could contact you, to ask you about the Play Lagarto Eco Development, through Recap Investments.

CostaPatty...Do you know already in what kind of ownership structure is offered in that development ?

@YUMABOUND
Hello Yumabound - I'm not sure if you are still on this forum, but could I contact you? I have a question for you.