Moving to Hong Kong

Hi
I will be moving to Hong Kong in February 2014 and wanted to use this site as an introduction to life there. But most of the posts seem to be at least 2 months old. Is this an active forum?

Hi kentgirl,

Please note that this is of course an active forum, Everyday we have lots of topics which are being created by the members. :)

However, if you have some questions, i suggest you to ask them on the forum itself and the other members will reply you very soon.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi
Yes the forum is active! What are your questions? Happy to give a hand if I can (I've moved from London in 2011)

RS

many thanks
I am in the midst of packing but will be posting many questions soon I am sure
Really looking forward to new places and new people.

It's active here all the time. Just prepare yourself and don't feel shy for asking any questions.

Best,
Matt

The Hong Kong section is a much smaller part of the China forum, but it's still pretty active.  There are lots of posts less than 2 months old - and even the posts older than 2 months have lots of information.

Hello Move to Hong Kong
I just saw your post and wanted to say hello. (Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

Kong Kong is a really vibrant dynamic place to live and work. There are also endless business opportunities and the shopping is fantastic. Expats live almost everywhere in HK these days with Mid Levels and Discovery Bay being two of the most popular. If you choose Discovery Bay they have a Residents club with tennis courts, pool and clubhouse, although you will need to take a 20 minutes boat trip to HK Island to get to work each day.