Work permit

Hi all
How long normally it takes to process work permit? for KOC
I am currently working in Abu Dhabi.
Rgds
Waqas

In short, long time The on boarding process at KOC takes realistically around three months. I came from Abu Dhabi at the end of July and got my visa at the end of September. Then could apply for my family's visa's (another two weeks).

From submitting all the documents to the recruiter/KOC recruitment team it takes about two weeks to get you entry visa.  Mind you there are usually issues in submitting all the paper work, such as, having police clearance stamp by the embassy and foreign affairs ministry, etc. it took me more than a month to submit all the documents. Then there  was a spelling error on the visa issued which took another two weeks to fix and by that time my police clearance (one month ) had expired so needed to get a new one and go through the process again. Yes the Kuwait Embassy can be a bit .......... This is a one time entry visa and you basically cannot leave until you have you residency visa otherwise you have to go through the process again and KOC does not like that.
Depending on where you were in Abu Dhabi things here are much less efficient.

TriniMario
thanks for your detailed reply.
I was told that initially I would receive work permit with 3 months validity (for which I have already submitted police clearance by AD police, medical tests, passport and bachelor degree copy to recruiter to proceed).
residence/family visa will be processed once I land there?
I am just waiting for WP in order to resign from my current job which is advised by recruiter.
Rgds
Waqas