Visit visa to resident visa !

Hello guys !
Really having a bumpy ride in this country !
I wanted to bring my family ; wife and 2 kids ( 6 yrs and 2 yrs) here to join me. I am contracted for a resident visa for my family as well.
As I wanted to bring them quick the suggestion from the Passport section of Royal Hospital was bring them in visit visa and then convert it to resident visa here. Many has done before and easy. Talking about 10 days earlier. I gave whatever document was asked for.
I go today to ask how far is the visa and BOOM !!!!!!

They want my Salary certificate now as they have applied resident visa for my kids , and I cant have salary certificate sooner as there is some 'Link problem' with ministry of finance.
My wife was applied for visit visa but lady in the passport section did not apply as new rule change that visit visa cannot be changed to resident visa in Oman any more.

Anyone else here stuck with bringing family ? Annyone has any other plans that I can use?
Many thanks

Man,
You're really messed up with a loads of "BOOMS" here in Muscat. Wish all your worries would go off soon inshalah!

Lately all visa related matters are quite complicated in Oman, even tourist visas takes time these days sometimes with no valid reasons.

What I would suggest is that you need to tackle one issue at a time, your main focus should be on getting your residence card as soon as possible, as this is the major issue now that everything else depends on it.

Good Luck!

Thanks Schaz ! Hope so !
Thanks Vido ... but I already have my residence card

Then Good Luck in getting your salary certificate ... Sounds complicated at your place.

Government sector issues................   Delay is a common word there...!