Getting an Indian Visa in Malaysia

I'm a Canadian living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have a flight booked to Kolkata on Jan 22nd, but haven't gotten an Indian visa yet b/c I heard it starts from the date of approval, not entry.

But now I've been hearing other people say that you can't get an Indian visa from Kuala Lumpur - or rather, that you can submit everything but it won't be approved and you'll just lose your time and money. Does anyone know if this is true? Do I have to go to Bangkok to do this? I'd rather not miss my flight if possible. All help appreciated.

AJ

hi AJ. im faiza.a malaysian livin in india.why dont u go check out www.indianhighcommision.com.my. everythin is there or if u cant really understand the information from there u can just go to their office near that dataran merdeka area.

from what i understand u can get the visa from there.and yes the visa valids from the date issued not entry but the process takes more than a week for a non-malaysian passport holder so manage your time rite.

my advice is u go to the website first.plus we need to fill an online visa application form.fill it, print it out and bring it to that ofc at dataran merdeka together with rite size rite color photo and rm 160++.hope this helps