Need help on Student VISA application and advise

Hey everybody. I am looking for help with my student VISA in conjunction with an overstay tourist VISA.

I am working on getting a student VISA for August of 2014 and already have a school in mind, MacKenzie, to study either Portuguese at their language school, or start a masters of civil engineering. I am planning to apply for as many scholarships and whatever financial assistance I can find for this, but would be generally be working under the table while attending classes to help pay for school. I have unfortunately overstayed my original tourist VISA in Brazil and have been living in Brazil for 3 years now. I tried to get the stable union, but I did the paperwork wrong and it was denied. I am still with my lovely partner and we are planning to travel to the United States for about a month in July of 2014. I do want to get a permanent VISA in Brazil and a work VISA in the future. However, a student VISA would work for me as well as I am interested in returning to school in the near future. I am only set in traveling to the United States in July for no more than one month and returning to Brazil in August, everything else is flexible basically.

Does anyone have any personal advice on this situation?

Also, I would find it really helpful to be pointed in the right direction for how to get a student VISA correctly. Links and websites, detailed guides that other people have written would all be extremely helpful. Thank you all.

Cheers!

Tiger,

Exactly what was wrong with the paperwork for the "União Estável"? Perhaps that would be your most effective line of attack to resolve your situation. If you've been together all this time, there must be some way of proving that? You need to produce two pieces of documentary evidence of the existance of the union, which can be:

a joint bank account
rental contract or purchase agreement showing both names
life insurance policy naming one as insured the other as beneficiary
foreign income tax return naming your partner as a dependent

Also you can use the notarized declaration, under penalty of law, from two witnesses who can state that you have been living together as a couple, publicly, for a period of at least one year.

Check the Ministério da Justiça website for further information:
http://portal.mj.gov.br/data/Pages/MJA1 … PTBRIE.htm

wjwoodward wrote:

Also you can use the notarized declaration, under penalty of law, from two witnesses who can state that you have been living together as a couple, publicly, for a period of at least one year.

I tried to do what was mentioned above and I completed the witness form erroneously. My application also didn't get through in time because I did it at the last moment and so I fell under the irregular immigration status or prolonged stay under a tourist VISA. You helped me out a lot when I asked you before by Private Message about this, and I have asked elsewhere a bunch for more help. I can get the permanent VISA outside of Brazil, it just takes time, most likely more than one month. I will use the student VISA as my primary method of returning to Brazil as it fits into my life goals as well. I also wish to immigrate to the United States with my partner because we don't have kids and could earn a higher salary however it would be more than a year or two away from that possibility.

As for the other things you mentioned.
* I couldn't find any bank that would authorize a joint bank account without a RNE.
* I recently bought a car with my partner but again, couldn't put my name on the rental contract or purchase agreement showing both names without a RNE.
* I have looked into this life insurance policy naming one as insured the other as beneficiary, and I will be getting a health insurance plan in the near future, most likely June 2014. I have found the plans are expensive but that I will need them to show proof of a relationship.
* Currently my foreign income tax return naming my partner as a dependent is zero as I live in Brazil.

Also, I am in the same boat in having my partner immigrate to the United States. If we have kids we would have a had time moving to the United States without previous forms of employment, job relocation essentially. I would also need to make approximately R$150,000 per year in Brazil with an American company and registering taxes, possible for up to three years, all in order to show financial solvency that I and my wife wouldn't become a dependent of the state. I don't make 150 k. I would also have to have said job relocate me to the United States essentially. Basically I am looking for fresh work either way so I could go back to school, make some contacts, and jump into a company in Brazil, or I can do the same in the United States minus the school. I am still in the process of collecting all the immigration documents I need.