Sports Bars

People of the forum. I reach out to you for advice on finding a place in São Paulo that will show the American NFL SuperBowl, with sound preferable in English, but Portuguese will do!

Please, advice, experience, recommendations. I would rather not have to stay home to watch the Superbowl, I would like to go out to the bar and celebrate the Superbowl!

Also, I looked online last year and I know of bars that do show the Superbowl. Unfortunately they cut the program off after the first 5 minutes, or had no sound! I also found some pays that require a R$15 entrance fee that show the Superbowl. I prefer something like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Also, I have found Hooters and 50's have NFL, but no sound usually.

Hey!!

I am in the same boat as you. I've been to O'Malleys once to watch a game and it was really fun and had a good atmosphere, but... no sound if I remember correctly. I am also looking for a sports bar to watch the game. I could sit at home, but it's always more entertaining surrounded by fellow fans of the sport. I have heard of a place called Blue bar, never been.

The lack of sports bars here is strange for me, there are so many in the US.. and I would think it would be a popular idea for futebol in a country that worships it. If all else fails I think I will end up paying the cover charge and going to O'Malleys. If, however, you find a better location please let me know!!

I'm not sure if it still exists since I moved away from São Paulo almost two years ago, but there used to be a Canadian pub in Vila Olímpia, Canuck's Pub & Restaurant. It was located at Rua Gomes de Carvalho, No. 1666, Vila Olímpia, São Paulo - SP. Telephone: (11) 3463-5240