Some info needed please...

Hi all,

I hope you all are well?

I need some help please. My husband and myself are looking for options abroad. Namibia is my first choice. We live in SA and my husband is a electrical sales rep (16 years experience) also ex-fire fighter. I am managing a physiotherapy practice here (13 years experience in admin). Doing everything, billing, accounts etc. We have a 3 year old boy. I need some info if you guys can maybe help me answer the following questions?

1.  Who can I contact to get some information, maybe a consulate or so?
2.  What do I have to do to become a citizen? Apart from applying, what other things do I need to do?
3.  Is there a specific amount of cash one needs to have in bank account?
4.  We own a property here, and the house is bonded. Would that be a problem? Can one move to Namibia with South African debt or do you have to be debt free?
5.  I also read up Namibians have medical insurance, how does that compare to South Africa's medical aids?
6.  And if you can maybe help me with information on schooling please?
7.  Also what area would you recommend with a small child?

If we can start there I would greatly appreciate that. I am clueless - don't know where to start :shy

Many thanks,
Tania

Hi Tania,
              I dont no if i can be of much help to as i have also recently come in....but tthan i understand your state of mind .
I am here in walvis bay for the last 5mths ..and have 2 kids aged 5 and 1 ,...About the schooling part ..Yes there r good schools . My elder daughter goes to an international school here and i must say they here i par with the cambridge curriculam . Even safey wise ..it is very safe as compared to many other places in africa...ofcourses with some petty theft going on .
    I have not seen much of namibia ,,but still out of my best knowledge i feel windoek ,swakompound and walvis bay are the best options for you
I am in walvis bay and is quiett happy witth the place and people around
Hope i was of some help to you
Can always get back to me
All the best

Sini davis

Is there any Nigeria living in Namibian, i need their contact

Noriscares wrote:

Is there any Nigeria living in Namibian, i need their contact

How about you introduce yourself and give us a little information about yourself and the reason why you wish to contact  someone in Namibia.
Without this I do not think you will get any replies.

Hi Tania
Were are you standing with your plans to move  to Namibia. We are also living in SA and also plan to move to Namibia
Let's see how we can assist one another as families.
We plan to move with two businesse's
Hope to hear from you
Regards
Fanie
KZN
S.A.

HinTania and Fani

I am a single Mom with two young kids also looking tomrelocate to Namibia.  Would be awesome to keep in touch and trynassist one another through this process.
We are currently in Durban.
What sort of time frames are you looking at to move?

Regards
Rags

We are in Amanzimtoti until Tuesday next week, if you get this message in time we could meet and discuss the move to Namibia I have two businesse's to move. We are planning to purchase a home first and as soon as possible all must happen in 24 month's.  Kind regards fanie
(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum)

Hi Tania/ Fanie

My name is Cindy. My husband's work offered him a job in Namibia.
I also had a few questions.

I see you posted your post in 2013. I cannot find a reply where anyone has answered your questions, im interested in the debt question. So could you go over while you have debt in SA?

Regards
Cinds